A Fitness Find in Daiso: Yoga Blocks!

by - Friday, May 07, 2021

 


Good find.

Just a quick feature of this fitness find of mine from Daiso! As we all know, Daiso is pretty much a mixed bag kinda shop where you'll find all kinds of things, from kitchen & baking utensils to beauty to home decor to fashion to cleaning supplies to even food and beverage, and now even fitness! I've seen quite a generous section of fitness-related things in nearby Daiso shops, mostly fitness apparel and small equipment like yoga mats and ab rollers.

As you all know, I love practicing yoga every once in a while because it helps greatly with my muscle tightness and improves my flexibility. That said, yoga also made me realize that I have and will always have tight hamstrings and I definitely need some help when it comes to certain positions that challenge said hamstrings. Finally, I caved in and decided that I really need to buy myself a pair of yoga blocks.

Yoga blocks, I'd say, are pretty helpful especially when you're just starting your yoga journey because they are such a huge help in giving you elevation in poses where you feel most inflexible. Think of it as training wheels or, well, even crutches. Not only are they useful in yoga and pilates, I also find myself using them in some of my HIIT workouts where I need a bit of height. Honestly, they're just useful little blocks all around.

So imagine my surprise when I saw how much one yoga block was in yoga/fitness shops! I'm one to splurge on fitness equipment when I know I'll use them 90% of the time like dumbbells or mini bands but paying around Php550 for ONE cork yoga block? Oh honey, that's ridiculous. Seeing that I don't really need the cork ones, I figured I'm good with the non-cork ones and thankfully, I saw some of them in a Daiso shop one fine afternoon. I took it as a sign that it was time to add them in my growing fitness equipment collection.

I have to note that I bought these blocks just last year, 2020, right before the lockdowns started. And I gotta say, I'm SO glad I got these blocks because they've been such a huuuuuge help ever since I got them! My yoga practices are so much more bearable and stretches are deeper and less uncomfortable.

These blocks are made from EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate) resin, an elastomeric-polymer that makes rubber-like materials that have soft and flexible properties. EVA resin is also known to be waterproof and UV resistant.

I don't know about other yoga blocks but these ones feel light but hard to the touch with a little bit of softness to it. Whenever I use them, they retain their shape and don't really fold nor are they dent-prone, considering they hold most of my body weight. They feel quite sturdy to me and that's pretty much all I need from blocks. Plus, they're only around Php200-250 per block and that's a steal for me, thank you very much.

Daiso quite surprised me with these blocks, considering I didn't really expect much from them. I didn't bother removing the plastic wrap on the blocks since it keeps the blocks from getting dusty and dirty. I'm happy with this particular Daiso purchase and I look forward to other fitness gems I'll find in the future!

You May Also Like

0 comments