Clear and Lightweight: Colourpop Clear Brow Boss Gel

by - Wednesday, May 12, 2021


 Clear as day.

I've already featured a few brow gels here in my blog, but only two of them are clear: the Tweezerman Browmousse and The Body Shop Brow & Lash Gel. I like using clear brow gels when I just want to groom my brows without necessarily adding tint to them (aka on days when I have freshly cleaned and threaded brows) or when I want to set my brows after using a powder brow product to keep it in place. Clear brow gels are honestly a nice thing to have in your stash because they work just as well as tinted ones.

So yes, today's product feature is the third clear brow gel here in Shash Stash. 

This is Colourpop's Brow Boss Gel in Clear, described as "conditioning, comfy, non-crunchy hold that lasts all day". This product is cruelty-free and vegan-friendly and also comes in 4 tinted shades. The brow gel comes in a small silver tube (that looks really cute and chic, not to mention purse-friendly!) and its net weight is 3.10g. 

Unlike other brow gels that tend to be transparent clear, this brow gel has a white color and almost a creamy texture instead of a thin water-like one. Even though it has a white color, it dries clear and doesn't leave any white bits on the brows. Also, I absolutely love the fact that its brush is a small spoolie brush. For some reason, small spoolies tend to work on the brows better because they really get to every nook and cranny and brow strand, resulting in a much better groomed, tamed, and set brows.

I like that this product feels really lightweight on the brows and doesn't leave them crunchy and stiff. I absolutely love using it when I want to achieve a tamed down feather brow or full brow because it keeps my brows in place without looking like I used a glue stick to hold them up. It gives my brows a nice texture and shape while still being comfortable and lightweight. Really, what's not to like?

Because of this, I'm now quite curious as to how the tinted ones fare. You all know how much I also love tinted brow gels- great products to use when you don't want to use brow pencils and powders but want a slightly fuller brow. If their textures are like the clear one, then, well, take my money!

Overall, great brow gel and the white to clear feature was pretty cool, not gonna lie. If I were to use this on top of powder or pencil though, I don't think I'll use this gel directly from the tube because the powder or pencil would definitely stain the gel. I think I'll go with a disposable mascara wand instead and scrape a small amount of product on the back of my hand, just to keep the gel clean and non murky. Other than that, would 10/10 recommend. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments