Comfy Compact: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder Foundation

by - Wednesday, May 19, 2021


 Matte dust.

In case you missed it, I already reviewed two Fit Me products: the Liquid Foundation and the Concealer. Adding to the Fit Me collection of posts, I now have the Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder Foundation. I got this powder mainly as a setting powder to my liquid bases. I like using powder foundation as a setting powder because they offer additional coverage and they help correct and even my skintone more. 

The Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder Foundation is described as "Maybelline's first mattifying powder that fits skin tone and texture. Skin stays poreless and perfectly matte for up to 16 hours. Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder mattifies and leaves a poreless-looking finish with shine control. Perfect for normal to oily skin!" The powder comes in 8 shades and is dermatologist tested.


Absolutely love the packaging of this powder. The case itself maybe plastic but it feels like the sturdy kind, the kind that won't easily shatter when you accidentally drop it. But most of all, I absolutely love the lower compartment of this compact that stores the sponge applicator and a decently-sized mirror!

The shade I got is 310 Sun Beige, a medium yellow-toned/golden beige. I got this shade when I was more tanned so now it's a little dark on me but I can still wear it without looking too tanned. If I were to get my shade now, I think it's a toss between 230 Natural Buff (a lighter version of 310) or 235 Pure Beige (a cool-toned beige).

The power itself feels smooth and light, not like other powder foundations that feel chalky and crumbly. When I drag my sponge across it, my sponge gets quite an adequate amount of product. The powder feels smooth on the skin and sticks easily as well. It really blends nicely too which is quite nice.

Bareface vs with the Fit Me Powder Foundation. As you can see, the powder was able to lessen my redness, made my skintone warmer, less dull, and a bit more even. Plus, the how fresh is that matte finish! 


When I use it as a setting powder, I use a brush to apply it and when I use it on its own, I prefer using dry a sponge. I just find the using a powder brush doesn't move the liquid base that much; using a dry sponge to apply it as your base gives you a more medium coverage.

I like this product because it's lightweight and gives my skin this fresh matte look. I think the only gripe with it is that it tends to oxidize on me. I think that's why I prefer it as a setting powder- the less amount of product, the lesser chance of it making my face look too orange. But other than that, I think this powder is worth puchasing!



You May Also Like

0 comments