My Top Twelve Bake & Munch Recipes of 2021!

by - Sunday, December 26, 2021


2021 yums.

Ending Bake & Munch 2021 with my top 12 favorite bakes (and non bakes)! I've baked quite a lot this year and there are definitely some that are so good, I baked them again and again and again. Hopefully this list inspires you to get up and bake!


1. Nutella-Swirled Cake Bars


-This is probably one of my most baked this year. When you have one big jar of Nutella and you're sick of eating it the same way, I suggest you make cake bars out of it because it's just SO delicious! Not to mention, they're a hit on both kids and adults. Can't really go wrong with Nutella, huh?


2. Strawberry Jam Crumb Coffee Cake


-When my mom made strawberry jam, I was so hooked I asked her to make me another batch to turn it into a filling. This coffee cake is the best blend of sweet and sour, and it's just bursting with strawberry flavor! Yum!


3. Gingerbread Oatmeal Blondies


-I absolutely love me some gingerbread flavor, especially this time of year, so these blondies just hit the spot! I love the gingerbread punch in these blondies and the oatmeal add a lovely chewy texture as well. If you're a gingerbread lover, I suggest baking this. 

PS. These also make great gifts! 


4. Easy Peasy Strawberry Loaf


-Yes, I know, another strawberry flavored baked good. But what can I say? I love how this loaf turned out because it's the perfect cake loaf that's moist, soft, and packed with strawberry flavor! Loved pairing it with jam and even Nutella!


5. Polvoron


-Polvoron is something my mom would make ever since my sister and I were kids so it always has a special place in my heart. Before, I'll help in shaping/moulding them but now, I'm the one who gets to make AND mould them. *Alexa, play Night Changes by One Direction* Lol! These suckers may be delicate but they do pack a punch. Hmm, wonder if I can make one more batch before this year ends...


6. Crema De Fruta


-I've loved Crema De Fruta since I was a kid so of course this would be in this list! I am a sucker for the combo of sweet and silky crema with the soft and moist cake underneath. Yet another great bake for the holiday season.


7. Pineapple Upside Down Cake


-You know, as someone who isn't a big fan of pineapples, this one just blew my socks off. I love the tartness of the pineapple, the sweetness of the sugar syrup, and the buttery cake underneath. Great one especially with coffee or tea!


8. Carrot Cake Cheesecake


-Ah yes, my pride and joy this year. The cake I thought would be an absolute disaster turned out to be fulfilling and expectations-exceeding aka a success! Though it took quite a lot of time and effort to make it (the prep alone got me second-guessing myself, not gonna lie), I'd say that in the end, this cake was 100% worth the trouble. 10/10 would make again. 


9. Raisin and Walnut Chocolate Pie


-Though I still need to perfect this pie, I can't not put this here because this pie just hits all the right spots, especially my chocolate cravings! This pie may not be a pretty one but at least she tastes pretty darn good. 

PS. I know some people aren't fan of raisins but honestly, idc because this pie would be incomplete without them.   


10. Cheesecake Brownies


-A classic. Honestly, cheesecake brownies are THE superior brownies and no, you can't change my mind. I absolutely love the saltiness of the cheesecake swirl against the bittersweet brownie underneath- it's the best sweet-salty combo ever and I can't wait to make another batch of these ones again. Yummo!


11. Coffee Jelly


- A non-baked dessert I've made quite often these Ber months is coffee jelly. I just love the creaminess of the sweetened cream with the slightly bitter coffee-flavored jelly, you know? Again, this is best to have when it's chilled for hours- and a best way to end a meal too!

 

12. Peanut Butter Crumble Squares


-Ah, my peanut butter loving heart, be still! These squares are undeniably peanut butter loaded and if you're a PB fan, this will be a sure hit for you. Yummy combo of sweet, salty, and nutty- every bite is peanut butter bliss. Definitely one for the books too!  

And that's my top 12 and personal favorites! I feel like this year really made me love baking more and because of that I was able to sometimes get out of my comfort zone and bake something new/scares me, like Madeleines or the Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I can't wait to continue baking next year and hopefully I get to bake bigger thing. Hey, maybe next year is the year I get out of my comfort zone more and finally face my fear of piping frosting! Ha! We'll see. 

For now, I bid you and Bake & Munch 2021 adieu. See you in a bit in 2022! 

 


You May Also Like

0 comments