My Lil 12/12 Haul!

by - Friday, December 24, 2021

 

Last (online) haul of 2021!

I think we all know how crazy 12/12 was. The deals on online shopping platforms like Shopee, Lazada, BeautyMNL were just insane. I know some people who even stayed up until the midnight of 12/12 just to cop the items they've been eyeing. I mean, I don't blame them. I'm like that every once in a while haha!

I don't know why but for some reason I wasn't in the spending mood when 12/12 rolled in. Maybe it's because I already did some shopping on 11/11 that by the time 12/12 happened, I was just over it. Sure I had some items in my cart (around 42 things that time lol) but I ended up not buying the ones I swore I was gonna buy. Why? Again, no idea.

I did, however, end up buying some items, things that were freshly added to my cart. Buying these items felt right, somehow, and I'm so glad I was able to get them before they sold out. So, here's my little 12/12 haul!

I bought all these things from Shopee and lemme start with some brand new brushes! I've always wanted to buy some Anne Clutz brushes but they always sell out so quickly! Thankfully this time, I was able to get 3 brushes to add to my collection.

I've always wanted to get the Ultimate Beginner Contour Brush and I finally have it! I always see Anne using this brush for contour so I can't wait to finally try it. What's nice about this brush is that its head is quite fluffy but the bristles are not overly soft and bendy. I feel like this will do a good job in blending and diffusing powder contours, bronzers, and blushes.

 The next two brushes are for the eyes. The Ultimate Beginner Big Blending Brush is for blending out eyeshadow but for its size, I think it'll also be great as a highlighter brush. The other brush, the Eye Essential E03 Tapered Blender is mainly for the eyes as it's smaller. I think I can also use it for nose contour!

Not gonna lie, I was a bit surprised to see how short these brushes are. I really thought they have long handles! But on the upside, I think these brushes will be great for travelling as they would fit in most of my makeup pouches!


Next two items aren't even mine haha! My mom always fills in her brows so I thought I'd get her two different brow products from Detail Cosmetics. One is the Make It Pro Starter Pen in Brown, brow product on one end and a spoolie on the other. She's more familiar with this product so she's already using this one. The other brow product is the Makebrow Pencil in Light Brown, a dual-ended brow pen with a slanted tip on one side and a thinner, more precise tip on the other. It's like getting two brow pencils in one! I haven't tried this product before so I'll try to borrow it from her to review it. Stay tuned!


The last item is one I've been eyeing for ages. I was supposed to buy it on my birthday but ended up not getting it because I bought new clothes instead haha! But finally, it's here. This is, in a way, one of my Christmas gifts to myself. And I'm so excited!!!

This is Detail Cosmetics' Sunset Dream Eyeshadow Palette, a gorgeous curation of sunset-inspired shades. Honestly, this color palette right here is right up my alley. This palette has 15 shades: 4 are metallics, 2 foils, 8 satins, and 2 mattes. Aren't they pretty?? Not gonna lie, the selling points for me are the shades morn, blaze, and nightfall but the other shades are giving me life as well! I can't wait to play with this palette! (Also, can we just take a moment to thank Detail Cosmetics for not adding a useless brush with this palette? Like, bravo!)

And that's my last loot for 2021! I know it's not much but these are the only items I truly wanted to get this month. I honestly can't wait to use these items and of course review them here in the blog. But that's it for now! Hope you enjoyed my little loot and I'll see you next week for the last few posts!

You May Also Like

0 comments