No Bake & Munch: Coffee Jelly

by - Sunday, October 24, 2021

 


Coffee delight.

I'm letting my oven take a break for a little while so I'm here with another no bake dessert! This is something I've always wanted to do and actually, I was supposed to do this back in September but well, I got a little busy and bake happy that time and forgot all about this. Thankfully, October so far is a lil less hectic and now I have some time to finally make Coffee Jelly!

 When I say Coffee Jelly, I'm not just talking about the jelly; no, I'm talking about the whole darn dessert: the jelly and the sweetened cream, both cooled overnight to make it extra refreshing and tastier since the coffee is more infused. Room temp coffee jelly is the worst; a chilly one is a masterpiece. This dessert is so easy to do, even a kid can help you make it. I absolutely love the slight bitterness of the coffee jelly that contrasts really well with cold sweetened cream. Isn't it just great when a dessert is so tasty yet so easy to do? 

Seriously, my love for coffee knows no bounds because this is just the beginning. I'm already planning on baking something with coffee in it! But before that, make sure to give this one a try. Promise you won't regret it (or mess it up!).


 

COFFEE JELLY

(adapted from: Yummy.ph)

Yield: 2-3 servings


Jelly:

1 cup hot water

2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used decaffeinated coffee)

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder 


Cream:

1/2 cup all purpose cream

3-4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

(Note: make sure both are already refrigerated before assembly.)


Jelly:

1. In a bowl (or directly into a rectangular container), combine coffee powder, sugar, and unflavored gelatin.

2. Slowly pour in the hot water and continue stirring until the powders and sugar are fully dissolved.

3. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.


  Assembly:

1. Slice formed jelly into 1/2 or 1" cubes.

2. In a bowl, combine all purpose cream and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until condensed milk is fully incorporated.

3. Add in the jelly (as well as the loose coffee liquid) into the cream mixture and mix until each jelly is well coated with the cream.

4. Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Enjoy! 

You May Also Like

0 comments