Rouge Play: Ocean + Zola (Matte & Glossy)

by - Monday, February 07, 2022

 


The recent go-to combo.

Hello, welcome to yet another series I'm starting so we'll see how long this lasts! 

I love posting beauty reviews and all that but lately I've been having the urge to do something....creative? I pretty much want to paint and play with the makeup I have. However, I don't want to do full face looks (maybe one day when I have some extra energy) so I'll just be featuring lip looks instead! I love painting my lips so I'll be showing different lip combos and looks in this new series. Some are wearable IRL, some are just for the 'Gram/blog. I'm calling this series...Rouge Play!

To open this series, I'll be featuring my recent favorite lip combo: Colourette Colourtint in Ocean + Zola! I've already featured these two here in Shash Stash and Ocean is just my go-to shade on the lips and cheeks because its tone and color just complements my skintone so well. I wanted to elevate Ocean a bit but still let its brown tone come through. Upon looking at my other Colourtints, I chose Zola. Zola is a shade I don't use that often because it's such a bright and bold color on its own. That said, I think it'll look great when combined with a muted shade such as Ocean. And you know what? I was right! Ocean lessens the brightness of Zola, making it more wearable for me. Plus, I just love how Ocean gets a coral/salmon undertone thanks to Zola. Combined, this new shade is more of a muted coral with a bit of peach undertone. So pretty!

I have this combo in two finishes as well: a matte and a gloss. IRL, I'd pretty much wear this combo matte because it has less chances of transferring, especially on my face mask. For the 'Gram, I definitely LOVE the glossy look. It just makes my lips so full and plump, plus the gloss just looks crazy good on photos. 


Matte:


Glossy:


How I got the look:


1. I first primed my lips by applying Colourette's Blur Balm.

2. I used Ocean as my base. I made sure I had an even coat of it on my lips before adding on my second color. 

3. Using my finger, I applied Zola on top, concentrating most of the color on the center of my lips first before blending it on the sides.

4. Lastly, I lined my lips lightly with Nichido's lip liner in Rosette. I blended the edges out for a softer look as well. This step is totally optional; I just wanted to tidy up the edges of my lips so I did it.

For the Glossy look, I applied Detail Cosmetics Jelly Lips all over my lips using a lip brush. I pretty much went overboard with it and I love it haha!


Easy peasy lemon squeezy! This lip combo is just *chef's kiss* and totally right up my alley. It actually reminds me a bit of Colourpop's Going North lippie, only this one's more on the coral side and it's lighter in shade.

See you next week for a new lip look! x


You May Also Like

0 comments