Rosy and Fluffy: Detail Cosmetics Bamboo Stick Powder Brush

by - Thursday, February 10, 2022


Brush gush.

In case you were wondering, I've been down the Netflix rabbit hole for the past few days, making me neglect my blogging duties for a little bit. I've been watching two shows, namely I Am Georgina (or Soy Georgina in Spanish) and Love Is Blind: Japan, and I'm just so fascinated by them that I wanna finish all episodes before resuming everything. Thankfully, I Am Georgina only has 6 episodes and Love Is Blind: Japan only released 5 episodes this week (and yes, I've watched all 5 already) so that gives me time to do some posts before I drown myself again with the upcoming 5 episodes PLUS the new Korean series I've been waiting for called Love and Leashes PLUS the upcoming Thai movie AI Love You. (Also, can you tell I love shows that require subtitles? 😄) 

ANYWAY, I just wanna share my thoughts on a new brush I acquired back in November. This brush has been sitting in my cart for a while and when I saw that it was on sale with free shipping, I kinda had no choice but to finally check it out. I mean, it's a crime not to haha!



I've been looking for a new powder brush to add to my stash so when I saw the Bamboo Stick Powder Brush in Detail Cosmetics' Shopee page, I knew I had to get it. Here's a quick description from their page:

"This brush boasts of a soft, fluffy head of high-quality hair, which delivers the perfect amount of powder to set makeup for a sheer, natural look. Featuring a pink bamboo-inspired handle, these brushes are designed to be both stylish and functional."

First of all, how cute is this brush? Rose gold ferrule + pale pink bamboo-looking handle? SOLD. This brush may look a bit campy but it's a classy kind of camp. I like how the bamboo design is subtle and the overall look of this brush is just so pretty. 


Detail Cosmetics doesn't specify whether this brush's hair is real hair or not but from what I'm seeing and feeling, I really think the bristles are synthetic, or at least blended with synthetic ones. With my experience with real hair brushes, they tend to easily lose their shape because the bristles are really soft and bendy so they're pretty prone to dents and fraying and all that. Synthetic brushes tend to keep their shape more, or rather, they bounce back to their original shape because the bristles are stiffer and less pliable. This brush kind of sits in the middle of that- the bristles are so soft and fluffy but they don't lose their shape no matter how much you swirl it around. It's actually really good! I also like that despite having synthetic bristles, this brush isn't scratchy at all. We've all experienced scratchy synthetic brushes before but I'm happy to report that this brush is very fluffy and smooth and cottony on the skin.


One more thing I like about it is its size. Normally, powder brushes are very large and poufy but this powder brush just has the right size. I like that the brush head is more on the flatter and more tapered shape than just round and fluffy because I get to apply and dust off powder on hard to reach areas with ease. I'm currently into "baking" when setting my face and this brush does a wonderful job in dusting off excess powder. Oh, and I also have a feeling that this brush would also make a good blush brush! I mean, I still have to test that theory out but I've got a good feeling about it haha!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this brush. Not only is it a good powder brush, it's also a brush that's so easy to clean! So glad I got it at a discounted price too haha! So hey, if you're looking for a good brush that won't break the bank, this brush is worth checking out! You know you can't say no to the rose gold and that cute bamboo handle! 😉


You May Also Like

0 comments