Lippie For My 28th: Colourpop Crème Lux Lipstick in Going North

by - Wednesday, September 15, 2021

 


Warm and pretty.

Well, Happy Birthday to me! Today I turn 28, wearing my 28th birthday lippie that I'll be sharing with you guys right now! So stoked to bring this post back again and I promise I'll try to make this a yearly thing. 

I actually have both Colourpop Frozen lippies but I thought I'd keep it on brand and choose the more muted and darker and let's be honest, brown-er of the two. But don't worry, I'll also be posting the other one here, probably around Christmas-time. But for now, here's my lippie of choice: Going North. Going North is Anna's lippie and and it's a shade I'd totally wear on a daily basis (sans mask, of course). 


But first, can we just talk about the packaging? Because as always, Colourpop understood the assignment again! Going North is packaged in a beautiful reflective pinkish-lavender tube with Frozen-themed patterns going all around the cap AND the inside of the lippie tube as well. The tube itself is so gorgeous but it's also matched by a glittery box featuring Anna herself. Packaging: 10/10!



Going North is described as a "crème chestnut" in the Colourpop site but in my sight, it's not just a brown- it's more of a brown with a slight brick red undertone that I think would look great on most, if not all, skintones. It's far from a Nutella brown shade, thank goodness! 


I compared this shade with Dr. Facilier and Belle and both of those shades have more of a pink tone than Going North, not to mention they're a bit lighter. I'd say Dr. Facilier is closer, but Going North is a shade or two darker, more muted, and heavier on the brown tone.


Just like most of Colourpop's crème lipsticks, Going North is so buttery on the lips, thanks to the blend of acai, jojoba and pomegranate seed butters in the lippie's formula. It just glides without tugging or skipping and it just produces a nice opaque layer in one swipe. It also doesn't feel too heavy or sticky on the lips and because it's a crème, it's not drying on the lips at all. Only downside is that it smudges and transfers easily and it's one that you can't really wear underneath a mask. Other than that, it's fantastic!

Not to sound cheesy but I think this shade sort of reflects my age. I'm not into bright and vibrant lippies anymore (come to think of it, I never was into them lol) but I still want some hint of color and I think Going North is a nice "in your late twenties" shade. Maybe that's why I was drawn to it! (And did I mention that Anna's my fave character in Frozen? Haha!)







You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him …………

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete