Pink-y Promise: Chu Chu Beauty Color Bento In Think Pink

by - Tuesday, January 10, 2023

 


First Chu Chu Beauty feature on the blog!

Happy 2023, everyone, and welcome to my first post of the year!

It's a late start for me for this month, mainly because for some reason, my brain was on full vacation/holiday mode during the first week of January. In case you didn't know, me and the parents spent Christmas and New Year with my sister and her fam in Singapore and that trip was just SO exhausting. All I did when we got back was sleep, unpack, eat, and nurse my skin back to health. My skin was such in a dry crusty state the last two weeks so I dedicated a good amount of time restoring it back to its normal state. She's still a bit dry in some areas but I can honestly say that she's looking so much better now!

Another reason why I can't do anything last week: I was binge-watching the second season of Single's Inferno! I don't always watch dating reality shows but I know for sure that I can't resist when there's a new season of Single's Inferno and Love Island US. I'm waiting for the last two episodes of SI to drop so while waiting, I thought I'd write a beauty feature here!


Last December, I was able to make my first ever Chu Chu Beauty purchase. Their products were significantly marked down that I knew I cannot pass up the opportunity to try at least a couple of items from them. I was able to get two products from that sale and I'll be talking about one of the today!

I was able to get Beauty Color Bento in Think Pink for only Php99(!!)- I know, what a steal, right? Their Color Bentos are described as "a curated selection of four pressed pigments and one powder blush in combinations of matte and shimmer shades." Packaging of the product is so cute- but I just didn't expect how small it is! 


Here's a side by side of the Beauty Color Bento and a Burberry Single Eyeshadow compact. The Color Bento's smaller and more compact and something you can easily bring with you anywhere!


The first layer of the Bento is an eyeshadow quad. "Eyeshadow 1" is a pink-toned transition shade; "Eyeshadow 2" is a warm brown crease shade; "Eyeshadow 3" is a deep berry smoke shade; and "Eyeshadow 4" is a pink undertoned white shimmer shade.


The first three shadows are matte, and they surprisingly were easy to work with! With mattes, I already expected to have some struggle when blending them out but I didn't have any problem with these three. On my skintone, Eyeshadow 1 can work as an overall lid wash or base and even as a brow bone highlighter for everyday.  Eyeshadow 2 was surprisingly pretty pigmented and dare I say the most buttery of the three. Eyeshadow 3 took a bit of building up but I love that it was so easy to smoke out!

Perhaps the prettiest and weirdest shadow for my is Eyeshadow 4. Eyeshadow 4 has a weird texture- it feels damp(??) to the touch but isn't a creme nor does it have a cream-to-powder finish. You can't pick much of it up with a brush but performs well when used with your finger. So weird, haha! Fortunately, this shadow is pretty and very reflective. However, I personally wouldn't call it a shimmer; rather, it's more of a glitter, given how chunky those particles are. This one's perfect as a shadow topper!


The second layer of the Think Pink Bento is a medium raspberry pink blush. This one's more muted in tone than Vice Co's Aura Blush in Byucon but just as pigmented. This is a matte blush but it applied smoothly and blended out pretty well! This blush is, I think, the boldest among the Color Bento blushes but it's totally wearable, you just need to use a light hand with it!


So here's a full face of the Think Pink Color Bento. Think Pink is definitely not for the fainthearted but it's one for those who love a bold look. I created a pretty out there eye look with the quad but you can totally still go for a more subdued look with the shadows. 


Okay, I couldn't help it: here's the shimmery shadow as a cheekbone highlight! I applied and blended the shadow using my finger. TBH, this looks like a dope highlight to use for parties, concerts, and festivals- not so much for everyday, I'm afraid!


Overall, I'd give this palette 3.5/5. I like that it's a compact palette and that I can easily bring it with me anywhere, very travel-friendly. The shadows and blushes are pigmented and perform pretty well but this palette isn't an everyday kind of palette, meaning it's something I won't reach for all the time. I imagine I'd still reach for my browns and neutrals but it's nice to have it lying around when I want to add color to my look. 

Would I repurchase the Think Pink Bento? Probably not since I see myself trying the other two, More Brown and Peach Please. But if you're a fan of pinks, I totally recommend checking this Bento out! 


You May Also Like

0 comments