#TakeTheTint With Colourette Colourtint in Kaiya

by - Wednesday, January 18, 2023

 

PINK! but wearable.

In case you missed it, Colourette Cosmetics released 9 new Colourtint shades late last year. The new shades are actually pretty diverse, ranging from fresh no makeup makeup shades to wearable pops of color to contour/brontour shades. Not gonna lie, I was very tempted to get one of the two contour shades but my love for a bright pink won at the end. So here I am with the new pink shade in their roster: Kaiya.


Kaiya is described as a dolly pink shade. Kaiya is the brightest pink among the new shades and it can be quite intimidating at first glance. Right off the bat, I can tell that Kaiya is more for pale to fair skintones but I can say that it also works for medium skintones!

In terms of finish, Kaiya is a fresh variant so it has runny consistency and a sheer but buildable coverage.


On the eyes, Kaiya is giving full-on Barbie vibes. I just love how it pops on the lids! This will look great as a base and especially when topped with a glittery or shimmery shadow. Kaiya was very easy to blend out but I did have to build it up to get to the opacity that I wanted. Since it has a fresh finish, setting it with powder (either an eyeshadow or a translucent powder) is a must to avoid it from creasing and smearing.


Since Kaiya is quite pigmented, I made sure to apply it with a very light hand on the cheeks. I'm surprisingly not mad about it on the cheeks. It's giving baby girl vibes on the cheeks- fresh, youthful, clean. I can see this as an everyday blush and if you're looking for a blush to achieve the "cold girl" look, Kaiya's your girl. Just, you know, blend it out really well.


On the lips, Kaiya looks cute! I thought it'll look too bright on the lips but when I wore it, it's just right. I do like rocking a bold lip from time to time and while Kaiya's a bolder pink than usual, it's something that isn't too scandalous or loud. I mean, I've encountered pinks that are waaaaay brighter than this (hello, KVD Backstage Bambi!) so trust me when I say that Kaiya's a wearable one.

Not gonna lie, I had doubts when I first wore Kaiya as a lippie. Like, it's a cute color but I have this doubt that it doesn't go well with my skintone. I can't quite out my finger on it- is it the undertone? Is it my skintone? But it eventually grew on me. Yes, it's not your usual everyday shade but it's a nice alternative if you want something different and bright.


So here's full face Kaiya! I am surprisingly obsessed with it on the eyes-like, can you see how good that looks?? I'm not usually a pink color on the eye kind girl but I think I will be with Kaiya! On the cheeks, it's a nice color but I think it'll pop more if my contour's just a tad bit more intense. On the lips, yes, I'm still on the fence about it but I can easily mix it with a darker shade or even use a lip liner underneath to tone it down a little. Overall, no regrets getting Kaiya! It's a shade I can easily work with and I can't wait to use it on my future looks!


You May Also Like

0 comments