Bottled up Coverage: Cover Squad Cosmetics Conceal It in CL3

by - Tuesday, March 07, 2023

 

High coverage.

Hello, hello! 

SO sorry for the radio silence- the 'rents and I have been super busy preparing for an upcoming trip and I feel like we're out everyday running errands and I am just exhausted! Thankfully, the errands today aren't a lot so I get to sit down and type away this review.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you'd know that I'm not a big concealer girl. I prefer my base doubling as a concealer, which is why most of them are medium to full coverage. However, this trip doing to made me realize that I won't have the luxury of spending an hour doing my makeup, plus I personally don't want to lug my makeup stash around. I've decided that instead of doing a full beat, I'll just spot conceal- which means I need to get a concealer that not only matches me, but also has decent coverage and longevity.


I've been seeing mixed but mostly good reviews on this concealer so I thought I'd pick it up and try. Here I have Squad Cosmetics' Conceal It Concealer. It is described as a "heavy-duty, primer infused, matte finish liquid concealer" that offers full coverage and mask and fade resistance. This concealer also contains Arbutin and Vitamin E and promises an impressive 16 hour wear.    

Conceal It contains 5.6g of product and retails for ₱199.


Conceal It comes in an acrylic clear tube that's chubbier than most concealer tubes. However, I think the most interesting part of this concealer is its doe foot! Not only is she chunky, it also has a groove or curve! Like, this applicator puts the "foot" in doe foot haha!


Conceal It has a pretty impressive range, at least for a local brand. It comes in 9 shades: 3 light, 3 medium, and 3 tan, with each shade category having a cool, warm, and neutral undertone. When choosing which shade to get, I thought of getting a brightening shade mainly for my under eyes. So after shade checking, I went for CL3, a neutral light shade. 

CL3, although marketed as a neutral shade, is definitely a yellow-toned shade- at least on me. It is a few shades lighter than my skintone which I think makes it an apt brightener.

Conceal It, no doubt, is the thickest liquid concealer I've ever used. Most liquid concealers I used before are quite thin and have to be layered to build up its opacity. This one, though? She means business. She was created for the sole purpose of hiding spots and imperfections in one swipe. However, even though she's thick, she's surprisingly quite easy to blend and buff out.


You all know I'm very dependent on beauty blenders so I used this first for blending this concealer out. Since this concealer is matte, it tends to look dry on the skin so I'm glad that the sponge lessened that look since it added a bit of moisture back on the skin. However, we all know that sponges tend to absorb product so it kind of sheered out the opacity of this concealer. In summary: use a blender with this concealer if you like to lessen the dry texture of this product, to sheer it out a bit, and have a more natural finish.


However if your main goal is to really conceal your spots and imperfections and don't give a fuck about texture and this product's matteness, then I recommend going for a small fluffy brush to blend this product out. I surprisingly prefer a brush with this concealer because it preserves the full coverage of this product. With a brush, I'm able to fully cover up my dark circles AND brighten my undereyes at the same time. Using a brush also made me discover that this concealer layers pretty well, as the layer underneath doesn't really move around or lift when I blend the new layer on top.


I've been using/testing this concealer for weeks now and I'm happy to report that it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I sometimes forget I have it on! Longevity-wise, after setting it with powder, I'd say it pretty much stayed put on my face for 7 hours and can probably go on for longer. Like, I don't know about 16 hours but I'm confident to say that it does last a long time on my combination skin. My undereyes are dry most of the time but can get sweaty from time to time and I'm happy to say that sweat wasn't able to move or fade this concealer that much. 


For a concealer that's only ₱199, I'd say Conceal It is pretty impressive! Its coverage is pretty impressive, it doesn't oxidize, and it's pretty longwearing. With this product, a little goes a long way so it's also quite economical in the long run! So yep, I highly, highly recommend this product, especially if you have an oily skintype!

(PS. If your circles are dark and deep like mine, I definitely recommend using a peach or salmon corrector first before applying this concealer. Using this yellow-toned concealer without a corrector underneath will only give you a gray cast underneath after a few hours and trust me, it is NOT cute. A corrector helped me a lot for eliminating that gray cast so yeah, go give it a try!)


You May Also Like

0 comments