The Body Shop Eye & Cheek Palette 02

by - Wednesday, May 04, 2011


  I should have made a post about this palette months ago, but a friend of mine kept visiting me. His name is Procrastination.

  
  Anyway, this post is obviously about The Body Shops Eye & Cheek Palette 02. My sister brought home this palette last December and since I thought this palette was so pretty, I decided to keep it. So here's my review about it. A little reminder: these are my honest opinions. I am not affiliated with The Body Shop in any way.

1. Packaging
- I love the packaging of this palette! In case you're wondering, the black part of the case is velvet/felt paper. And well, I love velvet. Also, the lock of this palette are magnets, which is really strong if I may add. Another reason why I love the packaging: it's color black! :)

2. Product
- First of all, I was a bit disappointed because all eyeshadows are shimmer types. So if you're into shimmer eyeshadows, this is the palette for you. I gave it 3 hearts because of two things: one certain eyeshadow and how pigmented they are. They are surprisingly pigmented which is really good since I'm not really a fan of piling a lot to make the color pop or seen. There's one shadow I like most: plum shimmer. It is very very pretty! It doesn't look like violet/purplish at all. It looks more bronze or copper, like sunset. So I have no idea why they name it plum shimmer. So yeah, that's my most favorite shadow. My least favorite is chocolate shimmer. I like how brown it is but the problem is that there are a lot of chunky glitters in it! Not cool. But then again if you like glittery, shimmery eyeshadows, you'll be fine.

3. Overall
- I think it's a pretty decent palette. Though I won't use every single shadow at the same time. I love using pink shimmer and plum shimmer for the lid and crease but I won't use caramel shimmer for highlight and chocolate shimmer to create dimension. Remember, balance is key. If there are a lot of shimmer, don't forget your mattes. If you have a lot of mattes, place a bit of shimmer. I'm sure no one likes to have a disco ball-looking eye makeup (except for special reasons).

  So yeah, that's pretty much it. Thanks for looking!


You May Also Like

0 comments