From curling irons to curling wands

by - Tuesday, October 09, 2012

  Admit it, curling irons can be quite hard to work with especially if you're new to them. The clamps can be quite tricky since they heat up too and tend to leave marks that does make curling really frustrating. Thankfully, I saw a very clever trick in The Beauty Department which I consider a life and money saver. You see, I've been looking for a curling wand for ages and I've given up until now. I tried the trick and yes, it did work!

  The curling irons they used are totally different from mine so I expected a few changes. Nonetheless I was able to transform mine into curling wands.

What you'll need:
Curling irons
Screwdriver
Electrical tape
Storage bags

1. The first step is to remove the metal stand/handle of the curling iron.

2. Remove the screws on both sides. By now you should have the metal stand, two screws, and the clamp.

3. Next step is to remove the spring and the metal plate that is secured by a screw. When you already have the metal plate and the spring, attach the screw to the curling iron again.

And that's basically it! You now have your own curling wand. What I like about this method is that you can always turn it again to a curling iron if you feel like it. Plus it really saves money and time in searching for curling wands.

  Sometimes the screw holding the metal plate is almost impossible to unscrew. My solution? Cover it with electrical tape! This will spare your hair from going inside the metal plate.

  Last reminder: make sure you store the parts of your curling iron in a container. If you disassembled more than one, make sure to store the parts separately to avoid confusion.

  I love the idea of turning curling irons to curling wands. It's easy as one, two, three and it's free (if you already have curling irons, that is). Give this trick a try and I assure you it will make curling easier!

You May Also Like

0 comments