Nail of the Week: Anna Sui Nail Color in 003

by - Monday, September 16, 2013

Hey there! Yesterday you saw my birthday nails and today here's a little review. 

 Before anything else, I want you to look at the bottle first. Seriously, how adorable is it?? It looks like a mannequin wearing a poufy cocktail dress, I love it! Adorbz level: 999. Definitely the cutest nail polish bottle out there. Good job, Anna Sui! *insert thumbs up emoticon here*

My penchant for the color black was the reason why I chose this polish. That plus the fact that it has glitters! I think it's good to have glitter nail polishes every now and then, yes? Though, admittedly, they're a bitch to remove. But hey, at least your nails are sparkly! :D
As you can see, it has a combination of small chunky glitters and very fine ones. Most of the fine glitters are silver while the chunky ones are a mix of silver and colored glitters. I don't know if you can see it clearly but here's a photo where the colored glitters are visible. There's red, blue, green, yellow, and orange.
Now for the wear. It sucked! So I applied it in the morning yeah and after 7 hours or so of wear I saw tiny chips on 3 of my fingers! But I was like, no big deal, I can retouch it in the morning. I retouched those fingers this morning and everything was fine again. My parents and I went out for lunch and went to the mall after. On the way home, I saw four fingers with bigger chips! Uuuuuggggghhhh, stress!!! So my F-This attitude came and I ended up removing the polish off all my fingers. Such a shame because I really liked how it looked. :(

I guess this polish is better off on top of a black polish than on its own. One coat is very sheer so you have to build it up to get a true black color. The texture on the nail is smooth and a bit gritty but no surprise there because of the glitters. The smell of this polish is just like other Ann Sui products: rosy. Not really nice on polish though because it was really strong, like chemicals with a bomb of rose essence. But at least it's something different. :P

I will rate this polish a 6.5 out of 10. Loved the glitters and the packaging but the wear and smell was a big letdown.

Question for this post: What's your favorite glitter polish?

You May Also Like

0 comments