Nail of the Week: NARS Nail Lacquer in Sharplines Left

by - Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hello, hello! I'm back with a brand new NOTW post after almost eight weeks of not posting one. Lol sorry! The last polish I posted was a dark purple one so I thought of posting a bright, summer-appropriate polish today because you know, it's still SO GODDAMN HOT here in my country. (I'm in the Philippines now, btw.)

I decided to go for NARS Sharplines Left, part of the Pierre Hardy collection, partner of Sharplines Right (aka my most favorite polish in the whole wide world). Sharplines Left is the total opposite of Sharplines Right color-wise; Sharplines Right is a deep, almost black burgundy while Sharplines Left is a creamy pastel-ish orange. While I fell in love with Sharplines Right, Sharplines Left was a bit of a meh for me. I do think the color is nice; I just think it's not right shade for my skintone. I'm already tanned but S. Left makes my hands look darker than normal. Not my cup of tea. I guess if you're fair and/or pale and you want the illusion of a tan, this would work better on you.

I also prefer the formula of Sharplines Right. I had a hard time working with Sharplines Left as I felt it was too creamy and thick. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I dunno but I definitely experienced unevenness in some of my nails. Temptalia said it was a "trouble-free polish- no streaking, pooling, or bubbling" but I disagree; mine streaked and pooled. The only thing we both experienced was bubble-free polish lol. With S Right, I didn't experience pooling even if I applied a thick coat but that's not the case with S Left. I felt like I had no control with the polish and that makes me a very sad and annoyed.

Fun fact: this polish only lasted me 24 hours. Not that it chipped; I just didn't like it on me. I tried to spice it up with a straw nail art  but that was a big fail so I really had no choice but to remove it. Still have it on my toes though and it reminds me of the beach for some reason. Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope the rainy season arrives early so that 1). everything becomes cool already and 2). I can be my normal self again by wearing my dark hued polishes. Summer, begone! 

You May Also Like

0 comments