Pierced!

by - Friday, May 08, 2015

I did it on a whim.

Like, seriously. I saw a jewelry store, saw a group of friends get pierced, thought, "hey, me too!", went to the lady, picked a stud, got pierced. Wham bam.

I've always wanted to get pierced. Lobe and helix piercings are so cool and don't even get me started with my favorite: industrial. There was a point in my life (around 3 months ago) when I wanted an industrial so bad. I thought it was so cool and badass! However, getting one is one painful journey and I'm too chicken to do it. Maybe one day.

So back to my story. A week ago, I wandered around Bugis Street and did a little bit of shopping. I was just walking around when I saw this store that sells jewelry and offers piercing as well. So I did it. Alone. I felt badass. I felt more badass when I went for a helix piercing. No reason at all but it felt right. A third lobe piercing felt a bit newbie-ish, you know? So tada! I got a new piercing.

The store I'm talking about is Silver.com, located at the second floor of Bugis Street. Basically, you buy a pair of earrings fit for piercing that cost S$4 and they'll do the piercing with a gun. Yes yes, piercing with a gun's dangerous for the cartilage but I'm on my 10th day now and it's healing perfectly. On my 8th day, I went back and had the jewelry replaced for a much better one for S$6. Again, they did the whole replacing thing, quite painlessly I say. I cannot recommend this store enough. They're awesome and very accommodating. If my helix is healed enough, I'm coming back for a lobe!

Anyway, that's that. I'll be doing several posts about the piercing, mainly the experience and aftercare. I may be making a big deal about it considering I only have one but it's a big step for me and I want to share it, especially to those who are considering to get one. Piercing related stuff coming your way! :D

You May Also Like

0 comments