Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in 91 Glamorous Life

by - Friday, August 07, 2015

My NOTW is a little different cause it's so darn LOUD and BRIGHT.

Every time I go to a nail polish booth or kiosk, I always go to the dark shades. But there are times when I just want something that's not dark. The nail polish I'm currently wearing definitely doesn't fall under the dark polish category. I mean, forrealz, you can see it from afar, I guarantee you.

91 Glamorous Life isn't a complicated color when you look at it at first but once you wear it, you'll be confused. In the bottle, it's a glittery pink shade- easy peasy, right? When you start painting it on your nails, it's a deep pink (think #FF1493) with pink glitters. Once you paint all your nails and look at it, it starts to look like freaking RED. Well, red-pink technically, but WTH!? Stealthy polish is stealthy.

I'm still on the fence on whether I like this color or not. At first, I thought it was tacky, but maybe I was just shocked at how bright it was. But after a few hours, I guess I'm quite cool with it. What I like about this shade is that it doesn't make my hands look a few shades darker. It actually made my hands look a shade lighter which it totally great for me. The glitters on this polish is really obvious and abundant that at this point, I think we all know how screwed I am when I remove it. :))

What makes this different from my other essence polishes is that it's part of essence's quick drying line. It's actually written on the bottle for crying out loud lol. And you know what, it actually dries pretty fast. By the time I finished my right hand, my left hand's already ready for a second coat. I like polishes that require minimum drying time and this polish is perfect for girls (or guys, no discrimination here, folks) who are always on the go.

Last thing: formula. It's pretty good, you guys, It applied smoothly and evenly and I didn't experience clumping or pooling on the cuticles. (THANK YOU, NAIL POLISH GODS, THANK YOU) Two coats id definitely recommended as one coat is pretty sheer. You can also go for a third coat and not worry on whether it'll be too thick. 

I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time I'll be reaching for Glamorous Life. It's bright, it's quick drying, it's even, and it's an awesome alternative to red polish. BRB, gonna be painting my mom's nails with this. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments