Weekly Workout Burnout: Low Impact Fat Burn + Posture & Core

by - Friday, October 05, 2018


It's a no jump kind of day.


Just want to share a workout that’s low impact! Typically, I gravitate towards HIIT-like workouts but I try to do incorporate low intensity/low impact days to balance out the high intensity ones. I know I have to sweat but I also have to protect the joints, you know? 

The LI routines I do have barely any jumps but still has some modified cardio and a lot of toning exercises. That’s the thing with LI routines- you think they’re easy because they aren’t cardio heavy but they’d still make you sweat like crazy, minus the skyrocketing heartbeat. The toning part doesn’t hurt too. For LI exercises, I make sure I use either bands or free weights to make them challenging. 

So for those who just hate jumping: this week's burnout is for you.

Opening this workout is a fat burn routine from Blogilates. Now I know: why they hell am I opening an LI day with a fat burner? Well, since this video is just a short one, I thought it was a nice routine to do to get warmer. So basically, I’m using this routine as a second warm up. It involves no jumping, as promised, and the main source of cardio are the squats and the lunges. This routine also balances the upper body-focused main circuit. By the time I finished this video, I’m already warmer and sweaty. I only did the fat burn routine once but feel free to go for another round. If you're only doing this circuit, do it for 4 rounds to get a 30-minute workout.

Now this is my main circuit. It’s a 10-Min Ab and Posture routine that involves the use of a mini resistance band. I absolutely enjoyed the routine because it wasn’t too long, the moves were easy to follow, and the instructor made the whole routine fun and bearable. The routine has a good combination of cardio, arm tone, and ab work- pretty much mainly upper body. I initially wanted to use a medium resistance band all throughout but damn, I dropped weight right after the warm up, haha! This routine can be done without equipment and can also be modified by using a lightweight dumbbell instead of a mini band. No excuses! 

Workout duration: around 36 minutes; around 40 minutes if you do two rounds of the fat burner routine. Warm up and cool down not included.

You May Also Like

0 comments