Weekly Workout Burnout: Upper Body, Core, & Glutes

by - Friday, November 09, 2018


Upper body + glute finisher.

 It's no secret I love upper body workouts so today I'll be sharing another one! As far as upper body circuits go, I love those that are weighted but sometimes it's just nice to use none and just rely on your ole bodyweight. 


The upper body workout isn't too cardio heavy (for me, at least) so I'll be balancing it with a little glute finisher just to somewhat keep that heart rate up and to get in a little booty work. 

-This upper body workout targets pretty much everything: upper back, lower back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest- pretty much everything up there. What I like about this routine is that it's pretty much low impact and joint-friendly while still making your muscles work. I definitely got sweaty by the end of the workout and that's sans jumping! I also like that you can also make this a weighted workout routine, especially on the arm circles, plank row extension, and bentover rows. I recommend using 2-3 lbs on those, though, so it won't strain and tire out your arms too much.

Another thing I like about this workout: it has core exercises! I have a love/hate relationship with core exercises but they're something I need to do so I just push through it haha! To be fair, the core exercises in this are not bad at all. They were all pretty doable, I think, and they definitely made my core burn without me getting frustrated halfway through. 

- Just to balance things out, I thought I'd finish today's workout with a quick 10-minute glute routine. Gotta inject lower body exercises somehow, right? Unlike the upper body routine, this has some heart-racing moves as it involves a lot of squats and lunges, with a little bit of jumping. Not gonna lie, this 10-minute routine made my glutes sore AF. So yeah, I'd say this is a darn good glute workout.

Workout duration: around 38 minutes, warm up included, cool down excluded.



You May Also Like

0 comments