New Activewear Acquisitions

by - Thursday, February 21, 2019


New additions!

I told y'all I'm not done yet with activewear! Buying affordable but good quality activewear is just so exciting to me and because of my enthusiasm, my wardrobe is now about 30% activewear. I'm trying to organize this category as best as I could (KonMari method and all that) but let's be honest here, several more purchases and I'm gonna need a separate cabinet/storage unit for them. But for now, here's what I acquired in the last 2 months.

This haul is mostly lower body wear since I'm trying to remove all of my shorts and replace them with full or capri leggings. As much as I love how breezy (and cheap) shorts are, they don't offer much support and protection for my knees and legs. So yeah, I'm currently hunting down good leggings that won't break the bank. Here are the ones that I got and will be testing in the next coming weeks.

(Oh, and no body shaming/judging please. I know I'm big but I'm happy with my body and its progress. Look, I'm not hardcore with exercising so you won't see significant body transformation. But thing is, I really don't give a flying F. I feel great, both inside and out, and I love my body, whatever shape it is in. Don't really care about your two cents k byeeee.)

My very recent purchase are a pair of leggings I got from SM Surplus. First of all, I love that store because their activewear selection is on point. They have Lululemon leggings that are about Php400 which is a steal! But since I'm looking for something cheaper, I went to dig on other shelves for non-Lululemon leggings. I was able to find this 90 Degree by Reflex leggings. I don't really know the specific name for these leggings but I think it's a high-waisted one. There were only three sizes of the leggings on the shelf and thankfully, the M fit me nicely. Plus, it was only Php200. What a steal!

According to the label on the leggings, it's made with 88% Polyester + 2% Spandex, while the waist band is 88% Polyester +12% Spandex. The material feels textured, it's not like your usual smooth and sleek legging material. Since it's black, it's flattering and its print makes this not look bland and boring. Maaan, time spent digging around the store was SO worth it!

Squat-proof (no VPL + no rips)? YES.
Obvious raging cameltoe? NO.



The next two capris I got are from the Bench, which I got from a Bench Depot store. That's another store I like visiting when I'm browsing for activewear because somehow, they always have a few Bench/Active stuff on sale. I love Bench/Active sports bras so I figured I might as well try their bottoms, too.

First one I got is this pair of cerulean (or is it cornflower blue?) capris. It's oh so bright and I dig it. The only problem I have is that it tends to ride down, specially in the waist area. The legs fit me well, but for some reason the waistband just doesn't want to stay put. I can just imagine the number of times I have to pull the up during a workout. But hey ho, it's just Php199 so why the hell not.

It's 90% Polyester + 10% Spandex. It's also made with CoolEmit, a fast drying high-tech fabric.

Squat-proof (no VPL + no rips)? YES.
Obvious raging cameltoe? 50-60% chance of showing.


Next one I got is more muted but I think it's not really for activewear. For starters, it doesn't feel like it's made with Polyester. I think it's more of a cotton blend so I might have to go easy on the squats with this one. I'll still test this one for my workouts but I have a funny feeling this pair is for lounge wear. I got this for Php110 so if this rips, I'll be fine.

Squat-proof (no VPL + no rips)? 50-50 chance it'll rip, but no VPL
Obvious raging cameltoe? about 50-60% chance of showing.


Last bottoms I got is actually a gift from my Aunt Leah last December! She gave me a golf skirt + shorts combo from Nike in a lovely blue color, like the Bench one I got only darker. I like that the shorts and skirt are separate because it gives me the option to mix and match. Both skirt and shorts are Dri-Fit. Thanks again, Tita Leah! x

Squat-proof (no VPL + no rips)? YES.
Obvious raging cameltoe? NO.


And last but not least- is this really an activewear haul without a new sports bra? I mean, come on now. You know I can't resist. This one's also from Bench which I also got from Bench Depot. I love this bra because it doesn't have insert bra pads. Instead, there's a soft material inside that acts like pads. Like the pads are molded into the bra and not just inserted, if that makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't know the material of this bra as I just chucked the tags in the bin but it's comfy and snug and that's pretty much all that matters. Oh, and the fact that it was just Php199.

It's 90% Polyester and 10% Elastane, if you were curious.


Aaaand that's all I have for you today! Can't wait to wear and test drive the bottoms I got. I just used my new sports bra and I am freaking obsessed. Don't know if I'll post another haul soon as I'm quite satisfied with my current wardrobe situation but I'll keep you posted. See you on my next post!

You May Also Like

0 comments