Mini Haul: New Purchases

by - Friday, August 23, 2019


For the brows and lips.


So we're back to another haul but I swear this would be the last one....at least in the beauty department. This is the last haul pending in my list and unlike the other recent hauls, majority of the products in this haul are from local beauty brands. Also, tiny reminder that this is a collective haul. I didn't buy them all in one go. I just figured I'd group them together since it has been a while since I purchased makeup products. This is a pretty straightforward haul featuring items for my fave areas to play with: brows and lips.


Let's start with the local beauty products, yes? I have two items from Detail Make Over: the Make It Pro Starter Pen in Medium Brown and Matte in Detail in Loth. I bought these items in two separate occasions: the brow pen I got when Mom and I went brow pencil shopping and the lippie when Detail had 50% off on their liquid lippies which I believe was just last month. 
I usually stick to my brow mascaras or brow powders most of the time but I think it's time for me to dabble with pens/pencils, too. The Starter Pen has that triangle-shaped form that everyone seems to love and swear by and upon swatching, the pen doesn't have that really creamy and smudgy texture. Another great thing about it is the included spoolie. I mean, who doesn't love spoolies?

Upon swatching the Matte in Details lippies, I ultimately decided to get Loth because it's the most wearable color that isn't pink. I'm currently abundant in pink-hued lippies so I was looking for something....earthy? I like that Loth is brown but not too Nutella looking. It's really more like a nude shade with a very strong brown tone to me. Can't wait to road test this one as this is my first(!!) one from Detail.

Next I got Ever Bilena's Brow Liner and Brow Mascara in Beyond Brown, part of the Kris Aquino's collab line with EB. The selling point to me was the brow mascara. My ever favorite essence brow mascara is on its last legs and I need to find a replacement ASAP because brow mascara is my ride or die. It's such an interesting product because you get two brow products in one. You have your liner and your mascara which you can use separately or at the same time. Really quite excited for the mascara, hope it can be a replacement for my essence one.


The last two items of this haul were bought back in Singapore. I believe it was during a Watsons sale where Rimmel lippies were 50% off. Since I haven't tried Rimmel lippies yet, I figured I'd buy two to try: Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Heartbeat and Stay Satin Liquid Lip Colour in Rad. Both pink based lippies but such opposite ends of the spectrum. Heartbeat is more of a muted pink, perfect for everyday; Rad is a bold color, almost reminiscent of Colourpop's More Better. I'm really intrigued on how these will fare and I can't wait to do road test them. Really looking forward to Heartbeat, not gonna lie. 

And that concludes my mini haul. I have a feeling it'll take a while for me to make a new haul post again as I have a lot (and I mean A LOT) to go through. Let the swatching and wearing begin!

You May Also Like

0 comments