Active Recap: Quad IX

by - Monday, October 14, 2019


9.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S








DAY A




Starting this quad off with a cardio workout just to get it out of the way because why not? Joking aside, I thought I'd jumpstart my workout with a heart-pumping routine because I feel like I don't get enough cardio in for every quad. Plus, starting the day with a cardio routine feels amazing (but that's just me haha!)

This routine has a bit of kickboxing-esque vibe going on, with some kicks and punches sprinkled throughout the workout. Their are also some plyo moves like jumping, skipping, and jacks. Not to worry though as this routine provides modifications so all levels can pretty much do this routine.

Two things I liked about this routine: 1). it's challenging but not too advanced to do; and 2). it's a complete equipment-free full body workout anyone can do anywhere. This is a good routine to do if you only have under 1 hour to workout and this routine also includes a warm up and cool down stretch. So overall, a solid routine!



DAY B




When I saw this workout by Abby Pollock, I knew I had to do it sometime and now I've done it! This doesn't include any plyo moves and though this routine feels like a toning routine, I can assure you that it's also a silent low impact cardio routine. Like, your heart rate will spike up before you even know it. The moves in this routine are simple yet I can feel all my muscles shake after the whole routine.

My fave moves are bear to shoulder push up (killer on the quads and shoulders), glute bridge with pause (ALWAYS love glute bridges!!), and the 5-3-1 squat (oooh, also love me some squats!). Highly recommend this workout, especially if jumping isn't your thing!




This is just a finisher routine of sort, one you can do once or twice through. This involves mini bands (love incorporating mini bands as much as I can) and has a bit of plyo but definitely has more resistance-training. Honestly, this routine can be either be done before or after the first circuit. If you do it before, then it'll be like a cardio/activator routine of some sort; if done after, then it's more like a finisher. Really depends on you.

I have one issue with this workout: the timer. I really wish it had a beeper or some sort of indicator that the timer hit 0. I know it's such a silly thing but that's really important. To me, anyway.


Workout duration: around 41 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.



DAY C




Arm day! Today I decided to go weight-free and just do an arm routine with only bodyweight. This Blogilates routine is fantastic because it really challenged my arms- biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, pretty much everything. There were moves that were familiar and moves that were new so that made the whole thing interesting. I particularly loved the lawnmower pulls, tricep dips, and parachuters. Perfect routine to do if you want to improve your arm strength with bodyweight, for toning, and if you have no equipment on hand. 

Circuit 2: THE LIVE FIT GIRL Shoulder + Hip STABILITY Workout

Lol, I was half kidding when I said I decided to go weight-free on arm day but in my defense, this routine can be done without weights. Again, this is sort of a finisher routine but this one get the lower body involved too. In a way, it's less of a workout and more of a corrective routine, I guess, as it's less strenuous and really focuses on stability and posture. I did this routine twice, one with light weights and one without.

Workout duration: around 46 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; upper body warm and cool down are included.




DAY D

Double yoga day and starts with this routine! Before I started this routine, I was half-expecting I'd get frustrated because of complicated moves by whaddaya know, the moves here are quite doable! I think it helped that Cat Meffan gives instructions and motivation well, to do what you can and then some. There was one move I wasn't able to do: the rocking dish pose because for some reason I found it hard to rock myself while maintaining the dish pose. Love this routine as it involves the whole body: upper body, lower body, and core. 

Circuit 2: BOHO BEAUTIFUL Yoga For Strength & Healing

So this routine is a beautiful blend of strength and gentle flow. I guess it's more of a upped yoga flow in a sense because it's fluid but the some of the moves get to test/improve your strength. This flow includes a lot of delicious stretches that are just so welcome after nursing a few days worth of muscle soreness. I like that this practice includes moves that were new to me and that I found those moves so fun to try out. My version wasn't perfect but I did the best I could and that felt great. Really enjoyed this one!


Workout duration: around 40 minutes.



CONCLUSION:
Not a bad quad! Most routines here are equipment-free and honestly, even the ones with equipment can be done without them, making them routines one can easily do anywhere. Also, yes, most are toning but that's because I like those routines best haha!


MY  TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
Well, I have two! I really loved BLOGILATES Toned Tank Top Arms & Back routine and surprisingly (but not really) the BOHO BEAUTIFUL Yoga For Strength & Healing. These routines were just freaking fantastic!


You May Also Like

0 comments