Sampling Samples: GlamGlow YouthCleanse™ Daily Exfoliating Cleanser

by - Thursday, January 30, 2020


Gentle scrubber.

In terms of facial cleansers, I gotta say that I'm quite happy and settled with the Skintelligence Hydra Derm Cleansing Emulsion. I use it at night for deep cleansing the whole day's dirt away and I find that my skin gets along with the cleanser quite well so for now, I'm sticking with it. However, the Hydra Derm is more of a gentle cleanser (yes, despite it being a deep cleanser) and sometimes, I want something more....aggressive, I guess. On times like this, I highly recommend using facial scrubs but those are more for weekly use because the beads are quite rough for daily cleansing. Rummaging through my stash, I found a sample that is a daily exfoliating cleanser. I knew I had to try it out ASAP because I rarely see the words "daily" and "exfoliating" together in a facial cleanser. 


This is the GlamGlow YouthCleanse™ Daily Exfoliating Cleanser, a 
"daily cleanser that transforms from mud into a foaming lather to gently exfoliate, cleanse, and renew skin to create a more youthful-looking, glowing complexion." 

It is paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free and is suitable for all skin types and for both men and women. It claims that it can also help with fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, and uneven texture.


The YouthCleanse cleanser starts as a mud mask-looking product peppered with exfoliating beads. Let me tell you for a quick sec that this cleanser smells amazing- the green tea leaf included in this cleanser really comes through. It smells fresh and light, perfect for daily cleansing. The product itself doesn't feel as thick as a mud mask- it's more like a lotion that has body but isn't too watery that it drips down easily. Just like the iWhite Korea Pore Purifying Balm, you apply it on dry skin, massage it around, and when you want to lather it up, you wet your hands instead of your face, massage it around again, then rinse off.

One thing I found out about it is that a little goes a long way. Sure it may seem that a pea-sized amount won't be able to cover your whole face but trust me, it can, thanks to its mud to foam formula. The moment it gets in contact with water, it will melt and turn to a proper cleanser that lathers up. So don't treat it like a mask but it isn't at all.

I really like this product. The beads in it are rounder and smoother and don't melt instantly than the ones I've tried before so it won't scratch or tear your skin too much, giving you more time to massage it around and exfoliate a little longer. I enjoyed massaging it a little too much, not gonna lie, and I think that's because it didn't feel too abrasive on the skin, plus the scent is just too nice. After rinsing, my skin didn't feel tight at all; instead, it felt clean, soft, and smooth. 


I've read from some articles that this product (and also maybe the whole YouthCleanse line) is already discontinued but there are still online shops out there who still carry it so I'm unsure about its real status. However, if you can get your hands on it, I totally recommend trying it out, especially if you like an exfoliator that isn't too rough on the skin. So glad I have this sample to try out because this product is the bomb!


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh love this great review hope it is not discontinued, thanks for posting!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete