Active Recap: Quad XXII

by - Monday, January 13, 2020


22.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A





Starting off with a quick lower body workout to get the legs, glutes, and core fired up for the main circuit. I like that this workout already has a short but effective lower body warm up that feels quite enough to start things off. The main workout is a weighted one but I personally let go of the weights during the alternating reverse lunges just because I felt that my knees were buckling a bit. The rest, I held on to weights. I love that this workout didn't just target the hamstrings but it also worked my quads and glutes. Absolutely loved the deadlifts!




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo51Yf3ZNjA

The main workout is an exercise that looks easy but will absolutely make your muscles shake and sore: pilates. Pilates is my go-to low impact toning exercise of choice because it gives me that burn without making my heart sky-rocket too much. Sure, cardio's great but sometimes you just want something chill, you know? And this video is so perfect for toning because it really worked my whole lower body. It was just soooo good. The moves were easy to do and the overall vibe was just very encouraging. It may seem simple but trust me, those simple, isometric moves burn like no other. I did two rounds of this and lemme tell you, it was sore overload on my glutes and hammies. Amazing!


Workout duration: around 58 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down included.




DAY B




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZWBE8BfHOY

A good 30-minute workout to start off! I guess in a way this is the main exercise for this day. This routine is a bit similar to the leg pilates routine only this one is weighted and though it is a full-body routine, it has a bit more focus on the core. Again, this is more of a toning routine and I really enjoyed its leg set. The last set, the core round, was a mixed bag: some were weighted dynamic exercises that targeted the arms and core while some were non-weighted and focus solely on the abs. The set was a great burner and a good round of 100s was such a great way to end!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qZlLfyKMo

Burnout! Since I'm still focusing on the legs, I decided to do this quick outer thigh routine. I quite like how ballerina-esque Desiree looks in all her workouts vids- deffo a good distraction haha! Just like all her videos, the moves are quite ballet meets pilates and these definitely targeted my outer thighs. I really enjoyed this workout, with the exception of the 3rd move that I can't seem to get right! It's like weird and awkward and just all over the place for me haha! But overall, this was such a great burnout and completed the whole leg workout I had in mind. I only did 1 round of it but you can absolutely do it twice or thrice through.


Workout duration: around 41 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY C




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sdh0LdajlU

I know I'm lacking on the cardio department so here it is! I absolutely love Fitness Blender's cardio routines so when I saw this, I knew I had to do it! This routine has two sets of cardio exercises done twice through and you know what made me excited to do it? It's in a TABATA format. I freaking LOVE tabata! That burst of 100% energy in 20 seconds is perfect, especially in plyos because it doesn't feel too long or dragged out and it ends just before that wave of exhaustion hits. Between the two sets, the 2nd set is definitely harder and has more jumping motions and the 1st set feels more like an intro/prepper for the harder round. I freaking enjoyed the cardio part of this routine. The other part of this routine is a core set, done twice through as well. The core set is okay, it felt like a burnout round although I gotta admit, I've done other core sets that burn more than this one. Overall still a great routine, though.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV4FJDw821s

Extra core burnout, anyone? It's still core day so I figured I'd sneak in one more. I enjoyed this ab routine because it's a progressive one. So you do 1 move and from there it progresses into something more challenging- kinda similar to how Pokemons evolve, you know? I like that even though it's still the same move, each time feels different because of the added intensity. Love! So glad I picked this as a burnout! Oh, I just did 1 round but feel free to do twice or thrice for burning abs.


Workout duration: around 47 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASstjISESq8

I totally didn't expect that this 20 minute workout would make me sweat buckets and get my muscles on fire! I expected to do the usual ab exercises like crunches, jackknifes, V-sits, you know, the usual, but this whole routine was a total curveball. Everything was very continuous and challenging, from the first set that's weighted, to the tabletop set (this set made my glutes burn like no other!), to the plank set- all exercises made me legs, glutes, and abs burn. I like that this is a dynamic kind of exercise and that it's not boring at all. Like, wow, that was something!! If you're pressed on time, I think this'll be a good routine to do- short but totally gets the job done.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AdqYDMO3E

After the first circuit, I'm glad it's followed by a vinyasa flow that still works that core. I'd say this is a 70/30 flow where it's 70% relaxed, 30% core work. This really helped in stretching not only my core but also my arms and legs. Like, after that cardio set I did on Day C, I totally needed a good stretch session and this one didn't disappoint. Always love Lizette's flows!


Workout duration: around 42 minutes, warm up not included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:
I have two: TRIFECTA PILATES Leg Workout (such a fantastic leg burner!) and FITNESS BLENDER 37 Minute HIIT Cardio and Core Workout (mainly for its cardio sets. I know, who am I??)


You May Also Like

0 comments