Sampling Samples: iWhite Korea Pore Purifying Balm

by - Sunday, January 12, 2020


Clean pores ahoy!

I've been dealing with a skin dilemma lately: why doesn't it feel clean?? I mean, I apply my moisturizers, I cleanse it with a facial wash, I exfoliate it, and yet it still doesn't feel adequately cleaned. Don't even get me started on the recent pop-ups of whiteheads and blackheads on my nose. Ugh!!


Rummaging through my stash, I rediscovered the sample I got when I shopped at BeautyMNL and I thought I'd give it a try and hope it would help clean up my skin.


This is iWhite Korea's Pore Purifying Balm, a product that "effectively helps loosen up and absorb the stubborn pore clogging oils, dirt, and toxins present in the pores." It's supposed to be used with the Nose Pack and Whitening Pack but it's just as effective on its own.

Key ingredients include kaolin (helps in oil control and improves skin balance), and salicylic acid (helps in reducing breakouts). Also infused with antibacterial properties that purifies the pores.


The product looks like a milky water-based moisturizer at the start but when you let it sit for a while then massage on dry skin, it turns to an opaque white color that makes this product look like a proper facial wash. It doesn't have any beads so it's great for those with sensitive skin. I like the Pore Purifying Balm's scent, too- it's sweet and clean. Hope that makes sense haha!


I used it on its own and applied it to my T-zone, my whole nose area, and the cheek areas where I have quite big pores. I let it sit for a minute before massaging it, making sure I massage on my problem areas: sides of the nose, tip of the nose, and cheeks. I wiped it with a clean piece of dry facial tissue before rinsing my whole face off.

So I'll make things short: I bloody love this product. When I wiped it off, I wasn't sure if I saw specs of dirt come off but when I rinsed it off, I instantly felt that my T-zone, nose and cheek areas were clean, like my pores can breathe again. My black and whiteheads seem easier to remove now and the bumps on the side of my nose got smaller. So freaking refreshing! Massaging it around helped as well I think, like that's how you exfoliate the dirt away. My mind was freaking blown. I didn't know this works so quickly and nicely! And for a bonus, it leaves your skin soft and moisturized. No feeling of dryness or skin tightening at all. Also, another bonus: it didn't cause any breakouts on my skin!

If this came in a full-sized bottle, I'd totally buy it in a heartbeat but unfortunately, it only comes in 2.2 ml sachets. If I estimate this correctly, I think a sachet can give you around 4-5 uses, but only if you use it on certain areas, not full face. This product does a great job at cleaning out the the pores so I recommend using this on days when your face gets bombarded with dirt and pollution and oils, even after a long day of wearing makeup! I also like that it's very purse-friendly, perfect for on the spot cleansing moods haha! Overall, something you should buy and something you should always have. I better stock up on these! (Or please, iWhite Korea, sell this in full-size!!)


You May Also Like

0 comments