Active Recap: Quad XXIV

by - Monday, January 27, 2020


24.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tluhEI5bJF0

Low impact to open! Super glad I went with something low impact because the day I did this, I was feeling a bit lethargic. This low impact routine was perfect because it was easy, quick, and it eased me into today's workout perfectly. Since this is just a 10 minute routine, a proper 5-minute warm up isn't included, however you can totally make this whole routine your warm up- at least that's what I did. I did two rounds of this routine: the first one as a warm up (went easy, mostly modified the exercises) and the second one as a proper, all in, no modifications workout. Honestly, try it. I felt great afterwards and perfectly warmed up for the next circuit.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cunt2CVt9KU

Main routine for leg day A! Again, I try to target different leg muscles during leg day and today, the thighs were my muscles of choice. I think it's so easy to train quads and hamstrings (you use them for pretty much everything) but training thighs can be tricky and can be easily forgotten which is why I chose it for today. Madfit's 15 minute thigh workout is perfect because it targets both inner and outer parts of the thighs, plus you get to use a mini band for some of the exercises! Most of the exercises are done on the mat but there are some standing as well. I liked that even though this is a thigh-focused routine, it also worked the core and calves as well. I did this routine twice through to get a really good burn on the thighs. Really recommend doing this with a mini band!


Workout duration: around 56 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included, short cool down stretch included.




DAY B




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxE75FUTne4

Second day of leg day and this routine targets the whole lower body. This routine's a bit different, though; it's ballet inspired! So yes, if you do this routine, expect a lot of ballet-esque exercises that will surely fire up those legs. Not gonna lie, I felt awkward and weird and stumbly all over but eventually I found my footing and was able to finish the routine. I'm not AT ALL graceful and flexible but it was still fun. The exercises here will really burn your legs out and since there's some jumping, your cardio's covered too.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0IJAH5XTac

Main toning workout is a barre routine! I swear Day B's all about that ballerina life haha! Barre is yet another great toning routine like pilates because the moves are so isometric so the muscles that needed to be focused on will really be focused on. Again, this is a thigh-focused routine but trust me, it also targets the glutes and calves. I did this twice through to really set those thighs on fire and trust me, my legs were shaking!


Workout duration: around 53 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY C




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODmQlRGwjQ

Ab day! Opening this day with a toning workout that targets both the abs and glutes because who doesn't want banging abs and glutes? I really liked that in this routine, the glute and abs exercises are done side by side, meaning they're not in two separate circuits. They just flow together seamlessly, making some of the exercises dynamic. I enjoyed the bridge series on this one because it helped me with my one legged bridges, a move I struggle with since forever. The very last toning circuit was very good as well- those weighted donkey kicks and hydrants really kicked my booty! Overall a great toning routine, perfect if you want to target two areas in one go.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHU9QBTMfA

Just a quick core burner to finish this day off! This 10-minute core workout is just what I needed to do. There are only 5 moves in this routine but if you do them right, your core will be burning at the end of this routine. The moves that really fired up my core are the forward & backward planks, v sit pulses, and the scissor kicks- boy, these moves are legit! There's also one cardio move in here that you may or may not like- you've been warned!


Workout duration: around 41 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLeAts1_kJo

Yay we're back to yoga day! Yep, this is yet another core involved workout because it's the last day of core. I surprisingly enjoyed this routine because it was something different. I don't know, it had a flare to it, you know? The cardio part in this flow was a bit sneaky, like you don't realize how much you're panting until you see your sweat dripping on the mat haha! The core exercises was great, nothing complicated- just do them in the right form and you'll feel it burn. Absolutely loved the stretches afterwards too.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBRCfoCp-LE

Lastly, a gentler flow that focuses on the hips. I badly needed to do this routine because my hips need work! I've been feeling a bit tight all over so this was a big help in opening and loosening, not only my hips, but other muscles as well like my side body, hamstrings, and calves. I loved the tempo on this flow because it was neither fast nor slow and all the stretches were amazing. Great routine to finish up this day and quad.


Workout duration: around 49 minutes.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:





You May Also Like

0 comments