Active Recap: Quad XXVII

by - Monday, February 17, 2020



27.

Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S








DAY A




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVN36vxERa4

Getting the body warmer with this 20 minute full body burner! It may only be 20 minutes but this routine gets the body working in no time. This routine is mostly low impact, although there is jumping on the burpees exercise (that can be easily modified with a calf raise instead!). I like that even though it's a full body routine, the exercises mostly involve the lower body so it's perfect for leg day. Personally, this workout worked my glutes and quads the most. Not bad for a quick sweat sesh!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATtLzMg7To

This is the more leg-focused routine of this day. This routine is mostly mat exercises but I swear, this will make your legs and glutes shake! As with most of Desiree's routine, this one has a lot of ballet-esque moves so this will test your strength, flexibility, AND gracefulness. Not gonna lie, I found myself in some awkward positions and unable to do some so there were times when I had to modify to be able to do the exercises. Despite the awkward and graceless positions I was in, I gotta admit that even though this was such a challenging routine that really made my glutes and thighs (and core!) work, I really felt accomplished when I finished this. Sure it's different from other toning routines but hey, it was still fun!


Workout duration: around 48 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY B




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHYDa-Lisk

If yesterday's leg routine was more toning, this one's more on strength with weights! The first part of this routine has 5 circuits with 3 exercises (2 legs, 1 core) done twice through. The weights really add challenge to the exercises so make sure you have a few pairs on hand! The leg exercises were mostly squat variations so get ready to have your heart rate going! The leg exercises will really work your glutes, hammies, and quads and by the end of the circuits, your lower body will be burning. It's nice that there are ab exercises in each circuit as they give you a bit of a break from the leg exercises. The second half of this routine is more on isometric exercises that can be done with just bodyweight and the last exercise is done for a full minute on both sides. Overall, a great lower body routine that's a great source of strength-training, toning, and cardio. Absolutely loved it!




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usx8xKdxTc

Hope you're ready to get sweaty and winded real quick because this one will definitely wake you up and get started in no time! You know I love tabatas and I was pretty excited to do this routine. Well, let's just say this did a great job with cardio because after the workout, I was pretty much catching my breath. Like, wow, I didn't think that would get me hard! I think the reason why the routine's a bit more tiring than usual was because of the addition of weights. On this routine, I used a pair of 5lbs weights on the weighted exercises and lemme just say, adding weights definitely upped the intensity! I was more winded when I used weights than just bodyweight- weighted jumping jacks was pretty tough! This definitely got me all warmed up for the next circuit!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWQz2ni8mE

Now that cardio's done, this routine's a bit more on the low impact and toning side but in a way, it will still maintain the high heart rate. This routine is also a weighted one and a core-focused circuit with exercises done for a minute each. Although it's a core routine, I gotta say, I also felt some burning on my arms, shoulders, and legs! Since it's a standing ab routine, there are no crunches and mat exercises so it's a good circuit to do if you experience neck pain. Personally, I found this routine a bit less intense compared to non-standing ab routines but it still got my obliques working so I guess it's still a win. If you like to up the intensity, I recommend using heavier weights but always keep your posture in mind. I did this circuit twice through and that's pretty much core day!  


Workout duration: around 57 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20G8VSSA-8o&t=1102s

No cardio for today but still more core! This 20-minute core routine is a mix of weighted and bodyweight exercises as well as standing and mat. I'll say this: for those weighted standing exercises, go for the heavy weights. This will really get your core and obliques fired up and the heavier weights will also add intensity to this routine. The exercises are simple yet they really get into those core muscles if you maintain good posture and squeeze in your core. This whole routine is very doable by pretty much anyone, plus no neck pain too!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2QNzpQXumw

Ending the quad with a yoga flow for the core. I quite liked this core flow because it's mostly holds that will really get your core to lock in. I loved that there are enough rests in between the poses so you get to really stretch it out and reset before diving back in. This was such a lovely flow and a perfect end to this day too!


Workout duration: around 42 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:
I really enjoyed SYDNEY CUMMINGS  50 Minute Lean Legs And Abs Workout! because it was a damn great burner and PSYCHETRUTH Yoga for Lower Abs & Obliques, Core Strength Challenge, Workout At Home | Yoga with Yiana because it was chill yet still challenges the core .


You May Also Like

0 comments