Sampling Samples: GlamGlow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer

by - Saturday, October 16, 2021


 

Balm in a jar.

This post is part of Backlog Beauty, a series of beauty reviews I should've published last year or the year before that but I didn't or wasn't able to. Most of the beauty products I'll be reviewing in Backlog Beauty are from previous collections that may or may not be available anymore.

Moisturizers are definitely an important part of my skincare routine. I mean, I don't do a 10-step routine because I'm lazy I prefer keeping it simple and quick so drenching my face with a really hydrating product is my way of keeping my skin happy and healthy. I absolutely love water-based moisturizers because they work really well on my skin but I'm still open to trying out different kinds of moisturizers from time to time. It's nice to change things up a bit, you know?


Today's moisturizer is an interesting one because I don't think I've tried something like this before. It's in a somewhat solid form that melts once you work it into the skin. This is GlamGlow's Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer. It is described as a "a pressed water balm that hydrates, mattifies and adds a supple glow all at once." Its key ingredients include the TEOXI™ complex, a blend of cherry tomato leaf, prickly pear, and winter daphne flora, and volcanic minerals.

This moisturizer is apparently ideal of dull and dry skin and is free of parabens, sulfates and pthalates. It also doubles as a makeup primer.



Texture-wise, it definitely has a balmy feel but it's not like a lip balm that has an oil-like slip; this one is slippery and almost has a silicone-feel slip to it. It glides on the skin easily but I have to say, it gets absorbed by the skin easily so it dries pretty quickly. It also has a candy/bubble gum-like scent to it that I find quite pleasant.

Usually when it comes to water-based moisturizers, a little goes a long way- this doesn't really apply to this moisturizer. This moisturizer dries quickly so you have to get more product to apply on the other areas of the face. I do like that it keeps its promise and delivers a nice matte finish without the skin looking rigid and super dry. I also noticed that when it "sets", it leaves this tacky feel on the skin that doesn't really go away quickly which made me think of, well, a makeup primer. I haven't tried putting on a base on top of it but I do feel like it would do a good job on keeping any base in place. 

I don't think I'll use this as a moisturizer because I find the formula a bit thick for everyday use. I will, however, use this as a makeup primer. I like the tackiness it gives and I have no doubt that the base I'll put on top of it will stay. I also like that it mattifies and minimizes the appearance of pores- really perfect base prep.

Guess I'll be sticking to my water-based moisturizers for now!       

You May Also Like

0 comments