No Bake & Munch: Pepper.ph's Two Ingredient Pastillas

by - Sunday, November 21, 2021

 


One word: addictive!

You all have my sister to thank for this because if it wasn't for her asking me for a pastillas recipe, this post wouldn't be here. I guess we also need to thank Pepper.ph for this because I found this in their site haha!

I actually had no plans making this but then again, I got too lazy to bake. I wanted something sweet for dessert but I didn't want to do the whole baking routine (not to mention, I really wasn't in the mood to clean up and wash everything after) and that's when I thought of trying out Pepper.ph's pastillas recipe. When it said that it only needed two(!!) ingredients, I was all in. I bought the ingredients and next thing I know, I was rolling this sweets up.

Let's be real, I think we already know that this recipe is more of a hack. Real pastillas are made of carabao's milk and they're absolutely creamy and rich and sweet- they pretty much hit all the right spots. Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on any province-made pastillas (the best!) so I guess I just gotta make a cheat's version of it. In all fairness to this version, it's still pretty good! The end product had just the right amount of sweetness and it was a bit chewy, bit soft, and melts in your mouth. Not bad! 

I gotta note though, the powdered milk doesn't really dissolve into the condensed milk so the pastillas have this crunchy texture to it! It mimics the crunchiness of the granulated sugar minus the extra sweetness. I actually don't mind it at all but I think I just have to add that in in case people aren't a fan of that. Other than that, this is a pretty good recipe if you crave for pastillas. Only two ingredients, quite some arm work, a little rolling, little chilling, and you're pretty much done. I did roll them afterwards, half the batch in granulated sugar, the other half in powdered milk. Both great and tasty! I already plan on making another batch, but this time I'll be experimenting with flavored condensed milk. Will share here once I'm done making it, promise!

Enjoy!



Pepper.ph's Two Ingredient Pastillas

(from Pepper.ph)

Yield: around 40 or more thumb-sized pieces


 1 300ml-can of condensed milk (make sure it's condensed milk, not condensed creamer)

2 cups powdered milk

granulated sugar and/or powdered milk for dusting


1. In a bowl, pour in your condensed milk.

2. Slowly add in your powdered milk. Start with 1 cup first, mix, then add in another then mix again until you have a thick paste that isn't too wet and sticky.

3. Form into either long logs or balls. (I went with the log route.) Chill for 4-6 hours.

(*If you went with the log route, go ahead and cut them up into thumb-sized pieces.) 

4. Coat your pastillas pieces with granulated sugar or powdered milk. (Don't worry- you can skip this step. The pastillas are good as is! Enjoy!)


You May Also Like

0 comments