Sampling Samples: Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover

by - Wednesday, November 03, 2021


 

Rinse off.

When it comes to makeup removers, I'm very used to the "traditional" ones. You know, the ones that need cotton pads to remove makeup, like micellar water and bi-phase removers. At some point in my life, I became lazier when it comes to removing makeup so I became obsessed with makeup wipes (remember when I raved about the Watsons Deep Cleansing & Refreshing makeup wipes?? And yes, I still love them very much) because they're so convenient and still as effective in removing makeup. Now, I'm all about makeup removers that also double up as a cleanser. 

Bioré is such a reliable brand when it comes to makeup removers. I've reviewed a couple of their makeup removers before and they all passed with flying colors. I didn't experience any stinging sensation on my skin and eyes and their products remove makeup quite well while still being gentle on the skin. I'm telling you, if you haven't tried their makeup removers then you're missing out!


The product I'll be featuring today is the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover. Now, this isn't a bi-phase or a cleansing oil; no, this is a rinse-off kind of product. 

Before I go on with the review, here's a little blurb on the product:

"Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover – the first makeup remover in jelly format. The smooth serum –like texture spreads easily to remove makeup even waterproof mascara with less tugging and helps to cushion the skin from an otherwise harsh cleansing motion. Contains 40% moisturizing essence, Aqua Jelly makeup remover nourishes and hydrates skin for a moist and dewy finish."

Texture-wise, this product is like a fluid jelly, for lack of a better description. It has a bit of that jelly-like consistency but sans the jiggle. It's so weird to describe it! It's not like a gel that's a bit solid but it's not too fluid like micellar water. If you combine a gel and a micellar water, then the end consistency is this makeup remover.


I am pretty much loving this makeup remover for the simple reason that it's so convenient to use! I don't need to waste cotton pads anymore. All I need is this product on dry hands and face and I'm pretty much set on removing my makeup. I felt weird at first because I usually dampen my hands and face first but surprisingly, the product easily glided on my skin and melted my makeup off. I experienced no tugging and most importantly, it was gentle on the skin. I didn't feel any stinging on my face which is great. A few massages here and there all over my face and tada! My face is free from makeup. It was able to get rid of both cream and powder products on my face, and even removed my waterproof mascara in a snap!

It's already great on its own but I think it's still a good option to follow up with at least a gentle facial cleanser just to get rid of any leftover residue on the face. Overall, I think this makeup remover is worth getting. It's so easy to use, so effective at removing makeup, and has a really pleasant floral shower gel-like scent to it. I definitely see myself purchasing the full size because I am just obsessed. Obsessed!

You May Also Like

0 comments