Nail of the Week: China Glaze Nail Polish in Mahogany Magic

by - Wednesday, November 17, 2021

 



Brown nail magic.

Today's polish is something that I've been reaching for every time I want something neutral but somewhat dark on my nails. As I've mentioned before, I'm really loving neutrals and muted tones on my nails and this polish is totally up my alley.

This is China Glaze's Mahogany Magic, a lovely warm olive-toned medium brown creme. This polish was actually part of China Glaze's The Hunger Games polish collection back in 2012 although this polish is still available to purchase. I know I've said that I'm trying to stay away from Nutella brown shades but I think I'll make an exception with this one. I absolutely love it because it's the kind of shade that just complements my skintone beautifully. 

Formula-wise, this polish applies smoothly and nicely and one coat can get you a pretty decent coverage. I just want to quickly note that I've experienced some unevenness in coverage on the first coat so I definitely recommend a second one for a more even finish. This polish dries fairly quick and looks really great with either a glossy. high-shine top coat or a matte one, if that's more of your cup of tea. Also, this polish (and other China Glaze ones) lasts quite long on my nails, even after the top coat gets chipped off. Not bad!

I don't know what took me this long to feature this polish, considering I've been using it already for months but here it is, finally! If you love brown polishes, then this is worth checking out. Yay for olive-toned Nutella nails!



You May Also Like

0 comments