ICYMI: I Got a Haircut and It’s a Mu----

by - Friday, January 14, 2022


 

I got my hair cut and yes, we're gonna talk about it.

Today I'm gonna talk about the thing I did yesterday: I got a haircut! Since December, I already had this itch to cut my hair off and don a short cut. I'm not particularly attached to my hair so I don't really mind going super short. The shortest I've gone was a pixie cut and while I had a blast with that cut, I eventually grew out my hair again. My last haircut was back in early 2021 and I just got a past chin-length straight cut. This time, I wanted something different, something I haven't sported before and after mulling and looking up photos, I had my mind set on this one cut: the mullet.

Not gonna lie, I wasn't a big fan of the mullet cut before. It just wasn't my style, you know? But eventually, I saw more women donning a modern mullet, like Ursula Corbero, Halsey, and Miley Cyrus, and I just started appreciating it more. My main inspo? BARBIE FERREIRA. Barbie's mullet is the reason why this mullet obsession of mine started. It's just everything I want! Layers, bangs, short but structured- YES, PLEASE!

In case you're wondering, here's pretty much my mullet inspo board:


As you can see, I was torn between a short mullet (that I can eventually grow out) or a mid-length mullet. I was pretty much set on having bangs although I gotta admit, I was still nervous about it. It's been a looooong time since I had bangs and that last time didn't go so well. Fingers crossed I'd be able to handle my bangs now better! 


So. Are you ready to see my new cut?


Et voilà! I went for a baby mullet! I just LOVE how this turned out! I have layers, I have shape, I have bangs, and I love that I can grow this baby into a longer one! The photos above were taken straight after the cut so it was blow dried and styled. But now that I've already washed my hair, I realized how low maintenance this cut is.  Because my hair is naturally wavy, the hair on the ends naturally curl up, giving my mullet more body and character. I only need to brush lightly and my hair will pretty much do the rest- no more extra fussing needed! My bangs are surprisingly easy to maintain and I pretty much love how it's curly and fluffy. 

Also, special shoutout to the stylist who did my hair! I went to a new salon and when I sat and showed her my inspos, she got to work immediately, despite not being too familiar with the mullet. I think she did a great job! Guess I now know where to go if I want to keep this cut haha!

SO HAPPY!

You May Also Like

0 comments