Nail of the Week: NARS Nail Polish in Algonquin

by - Sunday, January 02, 2022


.

This post is part of Backlog Beauty, a series of beauty reviews I should've published last year or the year before that but I didn't or wasn't able to. Most of the beauty products I'll be reviewing in Backlog Beauty are from previous collections that may or may not be available anymore.


Happy 2022, everyone! Hope you all had a blast welcoming the new year and I really REALLY hope that 2022 is better than '21. :)

ICYMI, Pantone's color of the year is Very Peri described as a "dynamic periwinkle blue hue with a vivifying violet red undertone". Honestly, when I saw this, I was onboard immediatamente. 2021's colors, Ultimate Gray and Illuminating, weren't really my cup of tea but Very Peri is something I can get behind. Besides, I love me a good purple moment.

I wanted to don something purple on NYE but I don't really have purple clothing in my wardrobe. Then suddenly, I remembered: I DO have something purple in my polish stash! And tada- I was right! Thanks to this polish, I welcomed the new year with lovely purple nails. Not exactly periwinkle but it's glittery and I love it just the same.

Here I have the NARS Nail Polish in Algonquin, a lovely cool-toned muted lavender with silver shimmers. Algonquin is definitely more on the purple side of the color wheel and is definitely void of any blue tones. I think what I like most about it are the silver shimmers infused in it. The shimmers are so well-milled and miniscule that you don't really feel any grit from it. Plus, it makes Algonquin so festive and fun despite it not being a bright color. It has been a while since I wore a shimmery polish so this is all making me so happy haha!

Algonquin has a fluid formula though I have to admit, I prefer the cremes' formula. Maybe it's because of the added shimmers in it but I found that the polish gets thicker the more I use it. My second coat with this one is thicker than usual no matter how much I try to thin it out. Speaking of which, a second coat is definitely necessary because one coat doesn't give an opaque coverage instantly. A second coat just evens out everything and it also makes Algonquin more opaque!

This polish is definitely a party polish, one I'd use to add more sparkle on me especially when I'm wearing all black haha! I just love that Algonquin doesn't have chunky glitters because those aren't fun to remove (I mean, if you know, you know). So yeah, that's what I wore during NYE and yes, I'm still wearing it while I type this post. 

Hope 2022 is just as shimmery as Algonquin! x

You May Also Like

0 comments