Fit for a (Snow) Queen: Colourpop Crème Lipstick in Little Snow

by - Wednesday, March 23, 2022

 

Elsa's shade of choice.

Okay, so this lippie is the last unopened Colourpop lippie in my stash. And I don't know how to feel about it.

The lippie I'll be featuring today is from Colourpop's Frozen collection. Its sister, Going North, was the one I used on my 28th birthday. Since I don't plan to wait for my 29th to bust this out, I might as well feature it right here, right now. Everyone, meet Little Snow.


Before I go to the texture and shade and all that, y'all know I'm gonna talk about the packaging first. If Going North has a nice metallic purple-pink tube, Little Snow is very on-brand for an Elsa lip: an icy metallic blue with snowflake prints all over the tube and cap. It's very eye-catching and more on the nose for its character than Going North. Very shiny and pretty without looking cheap and tacky.


Little Snow is described as a "muted raspberry" shade and that's exactly what it is. It's a really nice shade of a pink-red; think Rimmel's Rad but softer, lighter in tone, and in bullet form. In comparison with my other Colourpop pink lippies, Belle is a more muted and cool pink; Angel City is bolder and has a stronger red tone; and Going North is pretty much the middle shade.


Also, sidenote: what I like about Going North and Little Snow is that they are both very different shades. Most of the time, collections have the same kind of colors for their lippies. Like, sometimes it's varying shades of pink or varying shades of nude. Colourpop's Frozen collection featured lippies that are just so different from each other that you just can't help to, well, get both! I just love how one's more on the brown-red side and one's more of a pink-red. Colourpop really said sisters, not twins!


Just like my other Colourpop crème lippies, Little Snow is just as buttery, pigmented, and moisturizing. The color payoff is craaaazy- two coats is all you need to achieve an even and opaque coat on the lips. If a full coat's not you jam, you can always just dab some lippie on your lips for more of a flushed, more muted/tinted lip shade. But trust me, full coat's better haha!


The only downside of crème lippies is that they smear and transfer very easily. They're not food-proof, mask-proof, drink-proof, or kiss-proof- you get it. That's pretty much why I don't reach for them as much when going out now, which is a shame because they're amazing! The only time I get to wear them now is for blog posts lol.


If a bright pink-red is your vibe, then Little Snow is ya girl. She's such a nice bright shade without being too much, you know? I feel like it's a shade that'll complement a lot of skintones and will just liven up your look. Imagine just wearing your hair in a bun, clean face, groomed brows, a little mascara, little bronzer, them BAM! Little Snow on the lips. Can't go wrong with a bright lip!

You May Also Like

0 comments