Quad Four of Detail Cosmetics' Sunset Dream Eyeshadow Palette

by - Monday, June 27, 2022

 

Q4 of 4.

(Click here for Quad 1, Quad 2, and Quad 3)


The shadows in this quad (and the last 4 in this palette!) are:

Warmth (a satin marigold)

Blaze (a satin fiery coral) 

Eventide (a foil taupe with white gold reflect)

Sundown (a foil rosy bronze)


Here's the first look, a bright and shiny eye look.


On the lid, I used Blaze as my crease shade as well as on my lower lashline. For the bright and shiny AF lid, I applied Eventide on the center of the lid and Sundown on either side of it. I also applied Sundown on the middle of my lower lashline. Lastly, I applied Warmth on the inner part of my lower lashline.


I opted for something quite graphic for the second look. I mean, it's the last one for this series, might as well be bold with it! (Although I gotta be honest, I'm sort of on the fence on this one lol. I think I kinda overdone it haha!)


I decided to use a white base to make the satin shadows pop even more. I used MAC's Fascinating eye kohl to map out the liners and blended it out. I loaded up my EcoTools angled brush with Warmth and applied it on the crease liner. Using a small flat brush, I packed Blaze on the bigger liner. To fill in the gap in between the liners, I applied Eventide on the blank area and lastly, I applied Sundown on my lower lashline. (Although to be honest, if I were to do this look again, I think I'd go with Sundown in between and the liners and Eventide on the lower lashline.)


Now let's talk about the shades.


Not gonna lie, Warmth is probably the messiest eyeshadow in this quad. It tends to get so crumbly on the pan and it can be quite a challenge to apply it on the lid without having fallout. After playing with this shadow, I find that Warmth performs best when applied on top of a base. A stark white base is the best product to use as it will help make Warmth pop more and less messy. It's a nice shadow to have on the palette but I don't see myself wanting to use it all the time.

My rating: ☀☀.5☀☀


Blaze is a nice bright, sometimes pastel-y, coral that's quite heavy on the orange. It's a nice crease shade to use if you want some pop of color in your eye look without looking too out there. However, in terms of pigmentation, surprisingly, Warmth is more pigmented than Blaze. It can be quite challenging to pack Blaze on the lid on its own so again, it's best to use a white base with it. Blaze was quite easy to blend out, though, so you'll have no problem with it at all. 

My rating: ☀☀☀


Among the shadows in this palette, Eventide and Sundown are probably the softest, most buttery, and most pigmented ones. They're just a dream to work with! I don't need to load and pack a lot to get them to show and I love how glowy and bright they are. Eventide will be great as a highlight or even as a pop for a smokey eye while I see Sundown on a grungier, redder look. Both shadows perform really well and I can't wait to use them more on future looks.   

My rating for both shadows: ☀☀☀☀.5


And that's wraps up my review on the Sunset Dream Palette! This palette is a mixed bag but I think there are enough shadows here that you can use for both day and night looks. As for my favorite shadows, I think that Morn and Nightfall are already a given, as well as Candlelit, Eventide, and Sundown.


See you on my next post! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments