Quad Three of Detail Cosmetics' Sunset Dream Eyeshadow Palette

by - Monday, June 20, 2022

 



Q3 of 4.

(Click here for Quad 1 and Quad 2)


We're now on the second half of the palette! However, I'll be featuring just 3 shadows today, a trio if you will. I mean, this part's inevitable since this palette only has 15 shadows so a trio it is then.


Today's trio is composed of shadows that are pretty much my kind of shades. I'm gonna call this Pink Punk Trio since the shades are:

 Nightfall (a satin sangria)

Candlelit (a metallic boysenberry)

Nostalgia (a matte cool cold brew)


My first look is something I've always created with this trio: a bold and pink AF winged liner. Cause why not?

I used Nightfall for the wing, Nostalgia for a mini wing and on the lower lashline, and Candlelit on the middle of the lid/wing. 


For the second look, I wanted to really use them as shadows to see how they perform. I feel like I've under utilized them on the first look so I created this accidental smokey eye with the shadows.

I packed Nostalgia on the lid and smoked it out on the lower lashline, used Nightfall on the crease, and Candlelit on the inner corner of the eye. I also used a black kohl for more definition- used it for liner (then blended it out a bit using Nostalgia) and on my waterline and upper lashline just to tie everything together.


Now let's talk about the shadows.


I was so excited to use Nightfall right away because I absolutely love this shade of pink on the eyes. Since Nightfall is a satin, it was quite easy to blend out and it wasn't too powdery. Nightfall packs a punch in the pigment department and I didn't find it hard to make it solid and opaque. However, I encountered a problem with it when I used it on my crease. I found that the more product I put on the crease, the harder it becomes to blend out. Thankfully, I was able to get things moving with a clean blending brush. So yeah, it's pretty good to pack it on the lids but I'm going to be more careful with it when it comes to crease work.

Also, not gonna lie, this reminds me so much of Pinkies Collection's #12 eyeshadow! Must be the tone but I find that Nightfall leans more pink and #12 is more purplish (also #12 is a matte so it's a bit harder to blend).

My rating: ☀☀☀☀


I'm just gonna say it now: Candlelit is that gorgeous, magnificent, beautiful, sparkling bitch!!! It's pigmented and oh so sparkly- a really pretty shade you can use on its own or on top of another shadow. Candlelit was very easy to work with and it didn't take me long to layer and build it up. I'm obsessed!

My rating: ☀☀☀☀


Alright, I'm gonna say it- unfortunately, Nostalgia is the least stellar one in the bunch. Color-wise, Nostalgia is a good cool brown. However, it was quite difficult to work with, except when used as an eyeliner. I found it hard to build it up on the lids and at one point, it looked really patchy and uneven. Because it's a matte shadow, it was also pretty hard to blend out. I think I'll use this shadow on smaller areas or just use it solely for lining the eyes or for blending out a creamy eye pencil.

My rating: ☀☀.5☀☀☀


The shadows in this quad are definitely not for the faint-hearted but they are for those who LOVE a nice pop of color. Again, these shadows can totally be toned down with the help of the other shadows from quads 1 and 2 but personally, I do love me a statement eye. The pinks are definitely a nice addition to this palette!


See you next Monday for the last quad of this palette!

You May Also Like

0 comments