Hello, Aloe!: Bubbly Skin Aloe Vera Serum

by - Thursday, June 15, 2023

 


Aloe time.

Have you ever purchased something that's not really for your skin type but you went for it anyway because you wanted to try something new? Because- SAME.

Okay, so before I repurchased my second tub of Sooper Beaute's Bright Skin Serum (So. Freaking GOOD!), I actually tried my second serum from Bubbly Skin. I originally wanted to try their Dewy Glow Serum but it was out of stock so I went for this one instead, despite knowing that it's not for my normal to dry skin type.


The Aloe Vera Serum is described as a "powerful yet gentle serum that hydrates skin, soothes irritated and inflamed areas, and contributes to the restructuring of skin cells and to the healing process of skin injuries." This serum is mainly targeted for those with oily and acne-prone skin.

This serum's primary ingredients are water and aloe vera extract, but it also has lactic acid, glycerin, and niacinamide in its formula. 

This 15ml bottle retails for ₱130, while the 30ml bottle retails for ₱180.


I have the glass dropper 15ml bottle and it's pretty much like the Dream Serum's except it has green labelling instead of purple. Even though the bottle and dropper are both glass, they don't feel too fragile to use which is nice and perfect for clumsy people like me lol. 


Okay, so let's get on with the formula itself, shall we? Compared to the Dream Serum, the Aloe Vera Serum feels lighter and more gel-ly. Imagine an aloe vera soothing gel that's more fluid and runnier- that's the consistency of this serum. Scent-wise, it has a nice and light aloe vera smell to it, as expected.


On the skin, while the Dream Serum feels slicker and kind of leaves a thin film on the skin, the Aloe Vera Serum dries down completely and quickly. In terms of hydration, I personally find that this serum doesn't give me the level of hydration that I want or look for in a serum. I want my serums "wet", for a lack of a better term, and the aloe vera serum only gives a level 4 or 5 hydration out of 10. 

This serum actually quite felt soothing on the skin and I loved using it whenever I had breakouts because it did a great job in taking care of my zits. I feel like this serum was the reason why I had clear skin during one of my periods haha! Honestly, if you're like me who breaks out before or during their period, this serum is pretty handy to have to deal with those.


Bubbly Skin's Aloe Vera Serum was good on a normal skin type girlie like me but it'll perform better on those with oily and acne-prone skin. It's really good at soothing irritated and inflamed skin and healing blemishes and other skin irritations. If you're looking for a serum that'll overboard your skin with hydration, this isn't the serum to get and use, unfortunately. You'll have better luck with Bubbly Skin's Dream Serum, I think!


You May Also Like

0 comments