Lightweight Sun Shade: Kloss Beauty Sunshade Milky Sunscreen

by - Tuesday, June 13, 2023

 


Milky and non-sticky!

Hello, I'm here with yet another sunscreen feature because let's face it: sunscreen is life, especially when you live in a country where the sun's just always there.

Anyway, when it comes to sunscreens, I find that I prefer those that dry down entirely, leaving no film on the skin. I mean, when my skin's too dry and flaky, those are great; however, they're not my favorite to wear underneath makeup. I find that they move whatever I have on top, except if it's like powder products. Finding a sunscreen that dries down completely and doesn't feel to drying or matte on the skin is quite hard which is why I'm so happy I found one!


When I saw that Kloss Beauty has their own sunscreen, I knew I had to try it out. The Sunshade, described as an "invisible, weightless sun protection that glides smoothly onto the skin  while shading your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and blue light", contains skin-friendly ingredients in its formula, namely:

Niacinamide (minimizes appearance of pores + reduces inflammation)

Cera Alba (retains the skin's moisture) 

Aloe Vera (soothes the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties) 

Glycerin (increases hydration and relieves dryness)

The Sunshade also contains Benzophenone-4, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, and Titanium Dioxide, all known to provide protection from UVA/UVB rays. 

This lightweight and non-sticky SPF 45 sunscreen comes in a 25ml tube and retails for ₱175.


The Sunshade's packaging is straightforward and simple- which I like! I like how it's not as bulky or wide as other sunscreen bottles which makes the Sunshade easy to chuck in your bag or makeup pouch. Despite its quite squishy tube, its cover screws tightly shut, so no worries about it exploding in your bag.


True to its name, the Sunshade is a milky sunscreen whose consistency isn't too runny or liquidy. When applied, it spreads out easily and evenly and feels quite nice and light on the skin. It also doesn't have a traditional sunscreens scent (if you know, you know) but instead has a delightful marshmallow smell to it. I know some people don't like scents in their products but I find the Sunshade's scent isn't too overwhelming and that it goes away the longer it's on the face.


As I've said before, this is a kind of sunscreen that dries down completely yet leaves the skin hydrated and dry-patch free. It actually makes a great skin prep and I find that it doesn't make my makeup move around. I've used the Sunshade during my travels last March and it was actually very comfortable that I forgot I had it on! It also didn't move my concealer and cream blush around, despite me not setting my blush with a powder. Oh and it also has no white cast!


Overall, Kloss Beauty's Sunshade is a good under Php200 sunscreen! I feel like this product needs more hype because it's really good! Not only does it work on all skin types, it also checks the boxes I look for in a sunscreen: lightweight, no white cast, decent SPF level, affordable, leaves no film on the skin, and hydrating.  I definitely see a repurchase in the near future!


You May Also Like

1 comments