Challenged by Adore Me: Lashes & Lingerie!

by - Monday, May 18, 2015


It's sexy time. ;)

  A few days ago, NY-based lingerie company, Adore Me, asked if I was interested to take on their challenge, Lashes & Lingerie, which is all about pairing lingerie with my favorite beauty looks. Of course, I couldn't say no! I live for this kind of stuff!

While I'm not a lingerie wearer, I have encountered some in my lifetime, particularly in photoshoots. I guess that's why I accepted the challenge as it brings back memories of the shoots I've done before! Adore Me sent some photos of their sexy lingerie collection for me to play with and here's my top three, all paired with some EOTDs I did in the past and a complementary beauty board. Enjoy!

Lingerie One: Babydoll
The first one that caught my attention is this pink babydoll lingerie called Nita. It makes a good opening for my lingerie picks because a. it's so cute, b. it's not shocking, and c. it's just so darn cute dammit.

The Beauty Part
I wanted something that's light and fresh, something that screams girly, innocent, and playful. For the eyes, I chose a light and simple pink look that matches the lingerie a teeny tiny bit. Winged liner makes an appearance as well but it's soft and not at all harsh; just enough to frame them peepers.

I paired the eyes with a nice MLBB lippie and for me that's essence Natural Beauty. It's soft and natural and doesn't overpower the eyes. For nails, you can go two ways: bright or dark. If you want something that still fits the girly, innocent category, my pick is NARS Sharplines Left, a nice light orange shade that goes well with pink. If you want something dark to add some edge, go for The Face Shop PP402, a gorgeous deep eggplant shade that adds a bold, edgy statement. For scent, I went with Wonderstruck as it's the perfect scent that's between girly and mature.

Lingerie Two: Sexy Lace
My second pick is composed of two of my favorite things: the color black and lace. This is something that can be worn either in a sexy or edgy manner, and because it's in a basic color, it can be worn with everything, from an LBB to a pair of cowboy shorts, from heels to low cut sneakers. This is Lorainne.


The Beauty Part
I wanted the eye makeup to be sultry which is why the Gretchen Cutler-inspired EOTD I did is perfect for this lingerie. The look is a slightly darker spin on a simple neutral eye, with browns on the lid and a slightly smoked out lower lashline. The addition of a black winged liner and lined lower lashline ties the look together, creating a perfect match to my second lingerie pick.

I paired this look with a pink, slightly shimmery lipstick, Elizabeth Arden Perfect Blossom, which doesn't overpower the eyes. Quit the blush; a good contour/bronzer is better with this look. Here I chose Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer, a beautiful buildable bronzer that will add dimension to the face.. For the nails, I drew inspiration to the nude tone of the bra so I chose the combo essence Dare It Nude with essence Go Bold as an accent nail color. The scent I chose for this one is Flower by Kenzo as it has a light mature scent.

Lingerie Three: Cool Toned
I chose Dionne as my last pick because I wanted something with a muted tone. I absolutely love this color combo and I think it's a good alternative to the usual bright colors like pink and yellow. It's also very cooling as well. Ahh, it's really lovely!


The Beauty Part
Since I was going for a color-filled theme, I chose the neutral eye with a pop of color look I did two months ago. I think the pop of green offers a nice touch and complements the minty green parts of the lingerie. Basic liner will do as you don't want anything else competing with the pop of color. 

I didn't want anything on the lips but shine, so the C.O. Bigelow lip shine is perfect the perfect product for this as it isn't as sticky as an ordinary lip gloss, plus it has an awesome cinnamint flavor that's really yummy to lick. ;) A light dusting of blush complements the look too and I chose The Body Shop Blush in the Eye & Cheek 02 palette since the color suits almost all skin tones plus the blush has tiny gold shimmers that adds a subtle highlight on the cheeks. For nails, I chose two dark polishes to add contrast: essence Stairway to Heaven, a dark muted navy blue, and Anna Sui 003, a black polish with colorful tiny glitters. Lastly, I chose Bath and Body Works' Snow Kissed Mint PocketBac. I know it's not a perfume but PocketBacs are really fragrant and Snow Kissed Mint fits right in because it has a sweet, fun scent that pairs well with Dionne.

xxxxx

And that's it! Those are my top three lingerie and beauty combos. I really had fun with the challenge and hopefully you had fun reading this post. Huge thank you to Adore Me for letting me be a part of it! Kisses and hugs to all of you! xx


You May Also Like

0 comments