G-Lish Brushes Review

by - Wednesday, October 27, 2010

  As an aspiring make-up artist, I know I should have the right tools- especially brushes. All looks depend on the brushes you have. And we all know good quality brushes are expensive and cheap ones are hard to find. But I'm happy to say that I finally found good quality brushes that are cheap at the same time. The brand? G-Lish.
  G-Lish is a small make-up store here in the Philippines. It may not be that popular compared to local brands like Ever Bilena, Careline, or Fashion 21 but G-Lish's brushes make their store exceptional. Aside from their brushes, they also have cute make-up products for the eyes, face, cheeks, and lips. And their products are really cheap! I think it's the Philippine counterpart of E.L.F.



  Back to their brushes. I think each brush costs 100php ($2.00) but they also sell a brush set which has the 7 basic brushes. All 7 for just 350php ($8.10)! Cheap isn't it? Their brushes are not made from synthetic hair but from real hair. 


  The first brush I'm going to show is the Comb. This is used for the brows. I personally haven't used it, but I'm keeping it because I'm sure I'll be using it in the future!


  The next brush is the Powder Brush. This brush looks like MAC's 150 Large Powder Brush and E.L.F Studio's Complexion Brush. which is perfect for dusting loose powder, blending mineral foundation, and even for applying blush! This face brush is a must.


  The next brush is my most favorite- the Shadow brush. I love it! It's like MAC's 249 Large Shader Brush & Urban Decay's Shadow Brush and it makes my life so much easier when applying eyeshadow. It is flat, kind of stiff, and has a rounded it. It picks up a lot of color and it's very easy to use. If there's one brush you should buy from G-Lish, it's this brush.



  This next brush is also a must-have: the Definer brush also known as the Blending brush. Perfect for creating smokey eye make-up and blending harsh edges. It's closest MAC counterpart is the 217 Blending Brush & E.L.F Essentials' Blending Eye Brush. The only difference is that the 217 brush is bigger and longer than the Definer brush.



  Their Eyeliner brush is lovely! I was filled with joy when I first saw this brush because it's not just an eyeliner brush- it's an angled eyeliner brush, just like MAC's 266 Small Angle Brush and 263 Small Angle Brush  and E.L.F Studio's Small Angled Brush but G-Lish's brush is smaller than both. I love using it for doing a winged eyeliner or a cat's eye. It's also perfect for just applying cream eyeliner on the lower and upper lashline.



  The second to the last brush is the Blush brush, which is angled as well. It's nearest MAC counterpart is the 168 Large Angled Contour Brush & E.L.F. Essentials' Blushing, Bronzing, & Blending Brush. It can be used for applying blush, bronzer, and for contouring.



  The last brush of this set is the Lip Brush. I can't find a MAC or an E.L.F brush that looks like this. If you know one, just comment below. Anyway, this lip brush is flat and a little bit stiff unlike MAC's lip brush that has a rounded tip. What I also like about it is that it has a cap/cover which keep the brush clean. 




  If you're interested in G-Lish's brushes and other products, you can visit their stalls in Alabang Town Center, SM Megamall, Southway Square, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, and Trinoma Ayala North Triangle. You can also visit their website, www.g-lish.net.


You May Also Like

0 comments