Lost Files: Macau Part One

by - Monday, January 09, 2012

  
  Hong Kong sunrise and an early morning photo in the city before leaving for Macau. We went there by ferry. It made me realize I prefer traveling by plane than on boat/ship. Photos taken last October 15, 2011.

  Thanks goodness Macau was sunny when we arrived. From the pier, we took a cab and went straight to an area to visit a temple, a church, and to dine in a Portuguese restaurant.

Look! I loved the idea of using fresh flowers as air fresheners. It smells so good and natural. And it didn't give me a headache. :)
  Before going to the restaurant, we went to this place that sells all sorts of souvenir food. Sweets, nuts, dried beef, candies, etc. It was the most crowded place but we managed to get a few boxes of sweets to bring back to Singapore.

After shopping, we went to Alorcha for lunch. The restaurant is small but cozy. The dishes we had were yummy too. We also encountered fellow Filipinos who worked there. I can't remember the names of the food we had so I'm sorry!
This clam soup went so well with the bread they served.
 Ah. Portuguese sausage/chorizo. I liked this the most because it was tastier compared to the other chorizos I tasted before.
 Sangria for the adults, iced tea for the kid. I'm not really a sangria person so I didn't drink that.
After lunch, we roamed around again.
Next stop: Ruins of St. Paul
More photos tomorrow!

You May Also Like

0 comments