LOTD: Naked + Cranberry Cream

by - Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bronze eyes + rich red lips. 

  Here's a look I created last night when I was playing with my Naked palette. I've always wondered how bronze eyes looked on me and I really wanted to use Elizabeth Arden's Cranberry Cream lipstick. For the eyes, I used 4 shadows from the Naked palette:

1. Sidecar for the lids. Sidecar is probably my least favorite shadow in this palette because the glitters in this shadow are just so chunky and annoying! The best way to remove most of the glitter is to tap the brush and to sweep the shadow all over the lid, not by packing it. You can always use a blending brush or a small fan brush to sweep the extra glitter on your eyes.

2. Smog for the crease and lower lashline. I love how warm and bronzey this shadow is. It makes brown eyes pop!

3. Darkhorse for the outer v. This is the only dark brown shadow in this palette that's perfect to use for that outer v.

4. Virgin for brow bone and inner corners.

  For eyeliner, I used Elizabeth Arden's pencil in Espresso. I lined my upper lashline then smudged it to soften and make it a bit smokier. I also used it to tightline and line my inner rims. I also used Maybelline's HyperCurl Mascara for the top and bottom lashes.

  Before putting lipstick on, I lined and filled my lips with The Body Shop's lip liner in Mauve Berry.

  The lipstick I used, as I mentioned earlier, was Cranberry Cream, which is kind of a dark red lipstick. Not really dark but not bright red. For a swatch of it, you can check out my 2011 favorites blog post.
  One realization: I hate my brows! They're so thick and shapeless. Ugh. Might have them shaped and trimmed soon. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments