EOTD: For a few to be immortal, many must die.

by - Friday, May 31, 2013

  I watched In Time a few days ago and I can't help but notice Amanda Seyfried's look. Her eye makeup was simple and a bit rugged and it made her eyes stand out. So now, my EOTD is inspired by that look. Here are reference photos:

How I did the look:
1. The first eyeshadow I used is Kinky, a matte white shadow from the Smoked palette. Instead of packing the shadow what I did was I packed it on first application then swept it all over the lid to build up the color. I wanted it to be visible and yet natural at the same time. I also used it as my brow bone highlight.

2. Instead of spreading the crease color all over the lid, I concentrated just on the outer part of my crease. You could also do it halfway just like Amanda's but I decided not to. I used Buck first to outline the outer crease.

3. I then used a small flat brush and picked up a black matte shadow and drew a line on my outer crease. The reason why I did that was because my eyes and eyelid space are small (you know, typical Asian) so I needed the line to be precise. If I used a pointed brush or a tapered blending brush, the shadow would just go all over my lid and that's not the look I had in mind. I blended the black shadow with another matte brown shadow. 

A matte black shadow or any matte shadow is a bit difficult to blend so make sure you take time with it. I used two brown shadows: a lighter one and a darker one. I blended the black with the lighter brown first. Then I switched to Buck since I found the light brown a little light to blend the black shadow. Then I switched to the light brown shadow again because Buck was a little dark. I just switched back and forth to blend the black shadow and at the same time balance the brown color on my outer crease.

4. I line my lower lashline with a black pencil and blended it out with a cotton bud. I also made sure not to line my waterline.

5. I lined my eyes and winged the liner out.

6. I applied mascara and false eyelashes and that's it! I'm done!


You May Also Like

0 comments