July Favorites

by - Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Can't believe tomorrow's August already! Time really flies nowadays, doesn't it? Anyway, just before July ends, let me just share the things I loved this month. :)

MOVIES
1. Pacific Rim. (<- movie of the month) LIKE OMFG, THIS MOVIE!! I loved the storyline, the concept, the cast, the visual effects, the score, EVERYTHING! This movie just oozes badassery and swag. If you still haven't watched this movie, shame on you. Really. 

And in case you're wondering, yes, I seriously want to be a Jaegar pilot, I'm just looking for someone who's drift compatible with me. Or I can also be a Jaegar technician in case being a pilot doesn't work. :P And I also want a Gipsy Danger action figure for my 20th birthday.
PS. I <3 you, Rinko Kikuchi!!

2. Despicable Me 2. Banana. Banana. Banana. I absofreakinglutely loved this movie! Minions are probably the cutest creatures ever and the movie was abundant with minion scenes. They even make my 1 year old nephew laugh! <3

BEAUTY
1. Sigma E25. I absolutely love this brush. It makes blending easier and more polished, plus it's a really good dupe for the MAC 217 (and a more affordable one too!). I got this in Singapore for only S$19.50 which is almost a fraction of the price of a 217 (S$37; S$34 in Changi Airport/Duty Free). Yep, this is totally my go-to blending brush now.

2. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. I am currently using this and I have to say that I really like the scent of it. It's not overly flowery or citrusy or musky or girly. I'll be reviewing Wonderstruck soon so watch out for that!


FOOD
I've got two favorites this month: my sister's cheesecake brownies and hummus. Absolutely enjoyed the combination sweet brownies topped with a generous amount of cream cheese. It's definitely not overly sweet and there's definitely a touch of saltiness to it. I really like making hummus too and I love using it as a spread and a dip. The hummus we made was definitely garlicky, lemony, and drizzled with a lot of extra virgin olive oil. Yum!

FASHION
Fashion favorites are my H&M Conscious shirt, Forever 21 moustache rings, and red sandals from Lucky Plaza, all included in my latest haul post.

July is over so say hello to August! I am absolutely thrilled because Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will be out this month, as well as the 5th story in The Bane Chronicles, The Rise and Fall of the Hotel Dumort. Can't wait!!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments