CNY Beauty Picks: Red

by - Wednesday, January 22, 2014

 Chinese New Year is just a week away and I thought I'd share some beauty items I think would suit the occasion. Though I'm not Chinese, I know for a fact that the color red is very big in CNY and almost everyone who'll celebrate it will incorporate the color in their look. While it's very easy to find red in clothing and accessories, it can be quite tricky in beauty...or maybe not really. These are the items that I'll most likely wear/use if I were to celebrate CNY.

a. Red Hair Dye
-Red dye for new year because....why not? I personally think it's the best time of year to dye your hair red because just like they say, "New year, new hair". Why not dye your hair a shade of red after having a haircut or maybe add some red highlights? Red dyes are big this season and they come in almost all shades of red.
(pictured: Garnier Creme Colourant in 366 Intense Dark Burgundy)

b. Red Lips
-Ah yes, the easiest beauty item that comes in red. I'm pretty sure almost every girl has at least one red lippie in their purse so this shouldn't be a problem. Just remember a few things when you wear a red lip: exfoliate, moisturize, line your lips with a lip liner, and of course blot/apply/blot/apply. You wouldn't want any red stains on your teeth and chin area now, would you?
(pictured: OCC Lip Tar in Indashio)

c. Red Nails
-I wear red polish whenever I feel like it and CNY season is not exception. Again, there's an extensive range of red polish shades in the market so you'll have a lot to choose from. Wine red or cherry red? Glittery or matte? I personally like medium to dark hues of red as they look more toned down for me and on me. What's your favorite shade of red?
(pictured: essence Colour & Go in 156 Me and My Lover)

You May Also Like

0 comments