Eye Find: Catrice Made To Stay Highlighter Pen

by - Monday, February 17, 2014

A few months ago, I developed a sudden obsession with nude eye pencils. They have a subtle way of opening the eyes as well as making them look less tired, unlike white pencils that are harsh and obvious. Thing is, nude eye pencils aren't that big locally. I think there are only two, at most three, brands that carry them although technically they're concealer pencils, not eye pencils (they still work though!). I went on a search for nude pencils, searching every beauty stall in several drugstores. Nada. Oh well.

That was until I saw Nikkie of NikkieTutorials use this particular nude pencil: the Catrice Made To Stay Highlighter Pen. I was overjoyed because I had a glimmer of hope that I'll be able to get it in Singapore. And I did. Bless you, Singapore, for carrying Catrice!


So what exactly is it? The Made To Stay is made specifically for the waterline. It's not made to conceal, not made to line your lips. It's just for the waterline, to brighten and open the eyes. The texture is like a MAC or Urban Decay eye pencil. It glides on smoothly, doesn't tug (hurrah!), and it's not blotchy/spotty. It's quite opaque at first swipe but I like to swipe twice or thrice to make it more bright and more opaque. 
(Forgot to sharpen it! I swear it doesn't look like this lol. Good this there's a sharpener at the bottom of the tube!)

The color is a pink-toned nude. Now I know most of us stay away from anything pink-based but this is an exemption. Its pink tone makes it a really nice nude to wear on the waterline because it mimics the natural color of the waterline. I really like using this on the waterline because it's not obvious yet you see the difference it makes.
Here's a quick comparison of the EB Concealer pencils and the Made to Stay. Notice the difference? The EB Concealer pencil is noticeably yellow-toned, and Made to Stay is pink-toned. Their textures are also different. While the Made To Stay is smoother, the EB pencil is a bit blotchy for me, plus it doesn't stay long on the waterline. The EB pencil is quite a big pencil too so it's really not the easiest thing to use in the waterline.
(Made To Stay in action.)

Overall, I really like it. I like it more that the EB pencil because it's easier to use and it performs better. Not bad for a drugstore product! Fun fact: when I saw this at Guardian, I immediately got two because I had the feeling that I'll like it and I did! It's such a nice product to use and a hygienic one too because you only use it on the waterline and nowhere else. I really like the sharpener at the end to the tube too because it makes sharpening and cleaning a breeze. Two thumbs up!

Catrice Made To Stay Highlighter Pen was bought at Guardian Plus, Takashimaya SC, Singapore for S$5.90.

You May Also Like

0 comments