EOTD: Out the Door

by - Monday, February 24, 2014

Howdy! In today's look I've decided to use something I haven't used for a long time: pigments. Every time I plan to use my NYX pigments, I always end up not using them because my pressed shadows always get in the way! Haha but no seriously, pressed shadows are waaaay easier to use so I end up placing the pigments back on their container untouched and unused. But not anymore (for now at least)! I've decided to play with one of them called Violet. This color is more of an indigo really or a really pale lavender. It reminds me of a shadow in the It's Judy Time palette which inspired me to recreate a look Judy did using the palette but with me using the shadows I have.

A little review on the NYX Violet pigment before I show you the products I used. Violet is a bright indigo shadow with micro glitters. Color's quite good but it was challenging to work with. When I sprayed my brush with Fix+ and picked up the pigment, it became blotchy and some clumped together. When applied on the lid, it tends to accumulate in one area, it was like I applied it unevenly on my lids. That was the main reason why I don't have a shot where I'm looking down. The pigment accumulated on my lid area and it didn't want to be brought up before my crease. Oh well.

Products Used:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (lid)
San San shadow in Warm Copper Fire (crease; lower lashline)
MAC Fix+
NYX Chrome Eyeshadow Pigment in Violet
Urban Decay shadow in Buck (outer lid/v)
Urban Decay shadow in Virgin (brow bone & inner corner highlight)
Graftobian Cake Liner in Jet Black
EB Concealer Pencil (waterline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

0 comments