Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #140: Go Bold!

by - Friday, February 07, 2014

Oh hai there! So here's my nail color for the next few days. It's called Go Bold!, a glittery (yes, yes, I know) muted gold polish. I like how fine the glitters are in this polish. When layered properly, you wouldn't feel any glitter particle at all. As for the color, I'd describe it as a muted cool gold, a color I don't have in my growing pile of nail polishes. I really think the color is gorgeous, not just on me. :P I feel that the color just clashes with my warm skin tone making the polish look unflattering on me. Another thing I noticed was how sheer it was on first coat. It was really sheer and light yet it managed to pool on the edges, especially near the cuticle area. I had to smooth and thin the first coat on one nail before moving on to the other. It wasn't bothersome at first but it'll definitely get you tired. :))

Overall, the polish is a so-so for me. It's a nice color to wear every once in a while but I think I'd prefer to wear this as a French tip color or as an accent color. This will suit people with lighter skin tones as I think the color won't clash as much. Looking at this nail polish, I can't help but think that this is such an apt color to wear to a wedding! Haha!

What's your favorite gold polish?

You May Also Like

0 comments