Trio Reunion

by - Sunday, June 08, 2014


So happy I was able to see these two last Friday! After not being able to meet up due to conflicting schedules (school/graduation/OJT for them, Singapore trips for me), it was such a joy to finally see each other and hang out like old times.


We met up last Friday in Robinsons Galleria primarily to see TFIOS, although of course we did more than that. We did some catching up over lunch which involved a lot of laughing and sarcasm. Ha! We went to Gilligan's for lunch. Since we were being cheapskates, we decided to order from their 99php meals menu.

My forever 99php order at Gilligan's: Pork Sisig meal! I want to eat this again huuuuu. Seriously though, for a budget meal, this is satisfying. The pork is really crispy like chicharon, it's creamy, the onions and green chillis added zing, plus a splash of calamansi juice added some tang in each spoonful...omg it's just so good. I found it a bit salty though, thankfully there's a small bowl of complimentary soup which you can add to your rice to tone down the saltiness.

Fachi's choice: boneless chicken teriyaki.

Darren's pick: sweet and spicy squid.


So. TFIOS. They did a really good job with the adaptation. It was true to the book (Hallelujah!). Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort did a really good job in portraying Hazel and Gus respectively. I like the movie. It was fun and sad and devastating all at the same time. I kind of expected myself to bawl my eyes out while watching but that didn't happen. I did tear up though. I guess the reason why I didn't cry as much is because I already know what'll happen since I've read the book prior to seeing the movie. The book is very intimate and personal so the emotions are stronger. You laugh harder, you fall in love faster, you cry so hard it feels like you're in limbo. I know what'll happen which was why watching the events unfold in the film didn't really shock me. But apparently I had some tears left which explains why I teared up while watching it. Damn, I cried in film!eulogy and book!eulogy (the one in the Literal Heart of Jesus). Tears came out of nowhere when Gus told Hazel that "...the PET scan lit up like a Christmas Tree." TEARS. Film!TFIOS was great and it's one you can watch again and again and it'll still leave you heartbroken. Like the book. Also, Ed Sheeran's All of the Stars. Cue the tears!

And while we're still on TFIOS, one change I didn't quite like was the end. In the book, Gus' letter ended with "I like my choices. I hope she likes hers." and Hazel's reply was "I do, Augustus. I do." In the movie, they change it to "I like my choices. I hope she likes hers. Okay, Hazel Grace?" "Okay." THAT WAS NOT OKAY. The book's ending was so much better. It was stronger and sadder. It had more conviction. It had more love. It was more affirmative. Why did they have to change it?? *sobs in the farthest corner*

After getting our hearts broken, we went to Cold Stone Creamery because ice cream makes everything better. Well, okay, it was more like we wanted to try it haha. I never got to try Cold Stone in Singapore cause the lines are always long. Thank goodness there was no line here. After a long time of deciding, we finally ordered.

L-R: Darren's All Lovin' No Oven (Cake Batter Ice Cream® with Cookie Dough, Whipped Topping and Fudge) + plain waffle cup, Fachi's Cookie Mintster (Mint Ice Cream with double the OREO® Cookies and Fudge), and my Cheesecake Fantasy (Cheesecake Ice Cream with Graham Cracker Pie Crust, Blueberries and Strawberries) + plain waffle cup. I like Darren's the most. It had cookie dough bits which were sooo good. Mine was okay. Because of the fresh fruits, I felt like I was eating yogurt than ice cream. I think I'll order All Lovin' No Oven next time minus the waffle cup.


Friday: made.

You May Also Like

0 comments